The Other Bomber Forum

BBRT

On 2019-11-13 at 2:51 PM, Deiter Fan said:

As Chevy said, he's already here and not even 20 comments in and he's already taking shots at the members.

Hopefully he has his big boy pants on cuz whining and hitting the report button because someone dared to disagree with him or point out his childish BS isn't going to work here.

Nice to see the love has continued on this forum for me.

We are here to talk football and debate.   No reason to bring the hate.  I reported people on the other forum when I was personally attacked by other members.  Many of the threads would go from football talk to gang up on PJ.  Was a repetitive thing.  I would appreciate it if we could focus on the club not me.

Edited by bluebeliever

4 minutes ago, bluebeliever said:

We are here to talk football and debate.   No reason to bring the hate.  I reported people on the other forum when I was personally attacked by other members.  Many of the threads would go from football talk to gang up on PJ.  Was a repetitive thing.  I would appreciate it if we could focus on the club not me.

Yeah I think we are friends, I don't think I reported you, yeah we disagreed from time to time.

Ah the fake news continues, was this the time you suggested I didn't support the Bombers and I proved you wrong?  I never threatened you in anyway.  I simply defended myself after you suggested I didn't support the team and you wouldn't accept that you were wrong.  Yes I take it seriously when people lie about me.  On a Bomber forum where I am here to talk ball and support the club, its pretty upsetting when someone attacks you for the support of the CFL and this great ball club.  

Dude....they were not talking about you (except in the first post you quoted - that was probably about you).

Settle down. These are the kind of replies that hi-jack threads and annoy everyone.

Edited by Jesse

23 hours ago, BlueInCgy said:

So what you’re saying is there will be no record of a certain poster losing the Pick’ems title because he didn’t believe in the Bombers....

I lead the pickems for many weeks b/c I routinely picked the Bombers.  Yes I didn't pick them a few weeks.  Yes I was wrong on some of my picks but based on my record this it was pretty clear I had a good track record of picking the winner.  The pickem is who you think will win.  I didn't pick them based on anything else but who I thought was to win most likely.  For one to suggest that I don't believe in this team is a joke as I have been routinely roasted for my positively and support of this ball club for the last 3 years or so.  People just finding ways to make me look bad based on who I picked to win.  My points in the last few weeks likely landed me in top 3.  Pretty proud of that.

23 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

Careful, he's already here, creepin'

(welcome btw)

have some respect, geeeeeeeeeeez

Here's what I do know:

Sites been down for awhile and nobody has heard anything more than what you folks who emailed the org know. 

End of last year ModAdmin was talking to his contact with the team to have the forum tech upgraded. I being a longtime moderator and software developer by trade offered to help if needed. The club does have an IT guy of some sort but I was never looped in at that point and nothing came of it. 

Earlier this season ModAdmin reached out to me to look into the extended board functionality to see what could be done from our end to try and upgrade the site.   At that point I was upgraded to a site admin account and was able to dig through the forum admin screens, however I soon hit permissions and access hurdles trying to copy update versions to their back end servers.  At that point ModAdmin contacted the club again to see if we could get access or have their people take it on.  This was in June/July and we hadn't heard anything since. 

I don't believe this outage was planned and for now we just have to hold our breath and wait. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dude....they were not talking about you (except in the first post you quoted - that was probably about you).

Settle down. These are the kind of replies that hi-jack threads and annoy everyone.

If that's the case then I stand corrected but hard not to feel a little defensive at the moment.  I'm here to debate the club and yes I'll defend myself when I see fit.

Edited by bluebeliever

1 minute ago, Jets said:

Here's what I do know:

Sites been down for awhile and nobody has heard anything more than what you folks who emailed the org know. 

End of last year ModAdmin was talking to his contact with the team to have the forum tech upgraded. I being a longtime moderator and software developer by trade offered to help if needed. The club does have an IT guy of some sort but I was never looped in at that point and nothing came of it. 

Earlier this season ModAdmin reached out to me to look into the extended board functionality to see what could be done from our end to try and upgrade the site.   At that point I was upgraded to a site admin account and was able to dig through the forum admin screens, however I soon hit permissions and access hurdles trying to copy update versions to their back end servers.  At that point ModAdmin contacted the club again to see if we could get access or have their people take it on.  This was in June/July and we hadn't heard anything since. 

I don't believe this outage was planned and for now we just have to hold our breath and wait. 

thanks for the update

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I liked this place better when it was a PJ/bluebeliever free zone.

thanks for the nice welcome! LOL

Here to stay, don't like it then leave.  We are all here to follow the Bombers big push and talk football. Oh and I'll talk Pearl Jam with anyone that wants to LOL

Edited by bluebeliever

2 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

Assuming you are talking about me?  If not ignore this... LOL Yeah I think we are friends, I don't think I reported you, yeah we disagreed from time to time.

Assuming you are talking about me?  If not ignore this... LOL

Ah the fake news continues, was this the time you suggested I didn't support the Bombers and I proved you wrong?  I never threatened you in anyway.  I simply defended myself after you suggested I didn't support the team and you wouldn't accept that you were wrong.  Yes I take it seriously when people lie about me.  On a Bomber forum where I am here to talk ball and support the club, its pretty upsetting when someone attacks you for the support of the CFL and this great ball club.  

Nope not about you.  I actually like you PJ. I will kindly recommend you read the thread and you will clearly see who 66 and I were talking about.

In the meantime i will assume that you are sorry for the comments made to 66 and I. BTW, without going back into it you didn't prove jackshit wrong about what I said. We just agreed to disagree and let it go.

Edited by gcn11

29 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Nope not about you.  I actually like you PJ. I will kindly recommend you read the thread and you will clearly see who 66 and I were talking about.

In the meantime i will assume that you are sorry for the comments made to 66 and I. BTW, without going back into it you didn't prove jackshit wrong about what I said. We just agreed to disagree and let it go.

Lets not bring that crap over here.

If pj wants to....let him.   Im sure someone here will take care of it.

They will figure it out.

Well for now we have one site and most of us here are Bomber fans and or Rider/Cat paid informants!   I have virtually given up on the other forum for now so this site is serving my needs very well.   I like the function of rating the post which we used to be able to do on the other site.     This is leading up to be an epic tilt with many story lines.....the biggest being Zach's return to play the team that dumped him with their replacement QB starting against him.   It's the stuff of football legend.....the odds makers have us as the underdog by 3 points or so.....I'm thinking this could be another game where it boils down to who gets the final drive of the game.    Hopefully, this time it will be us!   

That being said, I like our chances!

14 minutes ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

Well for now we have one site and most of us here are Bomber fans and or Rider/Cat paid informants!   I have virtually given up on the other forum for now so this site is serving my needs very well.   I like the function of rating the post which we used to be able to do on the other site.     This is leading up to be an epic tilt with many story lines.....the biggest being Zach's return to play the team that dumped him with their replacement QB starting against him.   It's the stuff of football legend.....the odds makers have us as the underdog by 3 points or so.....I'm thinking this could be another game where it boils down to who gets the final drive of the game.    Hopefully, this time it will be us!   

That being said, I like our chances!

Dang I thought the riders became the underdogs when those 4 outta 6 sports people picked the Bombers to win...... the odds makers are usually way more correct than sports writers aren't they ?....... but 3 points is nothing in the cfl

5 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

I reported people on the other forum when I was personally attacked by other members.  Many of the threads would go from football talk to gang up on PJ.  Was a repetitive thing.  I would appreciate it if we could focus on the club not me.

Poor you. So hard done by thru no fault of your own. Here's your posting style in video form

Edited by Deiter Fan