The Other Bomber Forum

BBRT

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Speaking of long time posters.... Someone grabbed me out of the drink line at McMahon on Sunday. Recognized me and knew my first name. Talked about OB.com and the new site.... Wanted to get a picture together. I'm sorry to day I have absolutely NO clue who this person was... Clearly a long term poster. If that guy is on here.... Who were you... Ha ha....?. 

now that is funny! so, how did you respond to him, address him?  "hey dude?"

I've had similar issues over the years but they were work related... I worked in a large organization, 14,000 employees and 22 various sites over the whole state... I had to go to each of them every 3 months and chair these meeting... there would be between 15 and 20 people at each of these meetings and I could never remember everybody's name, lol... I just called everyone 'captain'... lol...

10 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

now that is funny! so, how did you respond to him, address him?  "hey dude?"

I've had similar issues over the years but they were work related... I worked in a large organization, 14,000 employees and 22 various sites over the whole state... I had to go to each of them every 3 months and chair these meeting... there would be between 15 and 20 people at each of these meetings and I could never remember everybody's name, lol... I just called everyone 'captain'... lol...

Just happened to me today. A new guy in the kitchen at the care home my dad's in stopped me and asked if I was the guy that used to work at such and such radio station. Haven't worked in radio for over a decade. Was a good reminder to always behave myself in public in case someone recognizes me 😆 🎤

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Gbill did not fake TC reports. 

Pretty sure that was shankmans brother. ;)

Tuscaloosablue was doing fake TC reports. Though honestly that crops up every other year. New poster appears, fake insider info, fake tc reports then they get outted and disapear. 

3 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

there have been several that had issues with 'letting things go' or taking it all too personal... I don't know how long it was that every time I said something that they didn't agree with I would get "you're just mad because they cut LDW" and they would turn it into something it wasn't... once that died down I got the whole "you're a Nichols hater"... we could be talking about the turf at IG Field and they would say that, lol...

I never took any of it personal or got mad over it... but if they were looking for a fight it's like I said, I'm no wall flower... they would get so mad at me too, lol... Colton... the whole routine I did with him and his mom calling me about him having trouble on the 'short bus'... wasn't very nice... but he would come out of the wood work just poking me and looking for trouble... and he found it, lol... I finally had to quit giving into them and not respond because it seemed like it always landed in my lap as the instigator, and I wasn't... by the end it was so bad that I didn't even have to comment and they were calling me out, lol.. thank god that is all behind us now... 

but I can assure you that if I have something to say I also have something to back up my position... I learned early on that subjective opinion that is unsupported didn't go over well... as it shouldn't in most cases...

U did talk a lot of smack about the turf tho....hahahaha

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I remember that, lol... and he was serious thinking the dude was stalking him... that was the 2017 season I think... like nobody has anything better to do than seek out and stalk fellow forum members, lol... if people want to stalk me I'll give ya my address...

Twice this spring at TC when I was there doing my phoney reports some putz kept looking over staring at me..and commenting something to his equally putzy pal...not sure if they knew me from before..or thought I was some random player or what..but I was gonna go confront them but they high tailed it

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Twice this spring at TC when I was there doing my phoney reports some putz kept looking over staring at me..and commenting something to his equally putzy pal...not sure if they knew me from before..or thought I was some random player or what..but I was gonna go confront them but they high tailed it

I'm telling ya, people are strange...  I walked through prison yards for 30 years, talk about people who stare at ya, lol... but I had no problem, nor do I today, addressing those that I feel are encroaching on my personal space, lol... but I'm very social, I meet someone everywhere I go... some of my best relationships were with strangers...

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Speaking of long time posters.... Someone grabbed me out of the drink line at McMahon on Sunday. Recognized me and knew my first name. Talked about OB.com and the new site.... Wanted to get a picture together. I'm sorry to day I have absolutely NO clue who this person was... Clearly a long term poster. If that guy is on here.... Who were you... Ha ha....?. 

That's odd. I think the only people I would recognize at a game would be goldmember and Donny......because obviously.

doubt I'd recognize them on the street though.

13 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

there have been several that had issues with 'letting things go' or taking it all too personal... I don't know how long it was that every time I said something that they didn't agree with I would get "you're just mad because they cut LDW" and they would turn it into something it wasn't... once that died down I got the whole "you're a Nichols hater"... we could be talking about the turf at IG Field and they would say that, lol...

I never took any of it personal or got mad over it... but if they were looking for a fight it's like I said, I'm no wall flower... they would get so mad at me too, lol... Colton... the whole routine I did with him and his mom calling me about him having trouble on the 'short bus'... wasn't very nice... but he would come out of the wood work just poking me and looking for trouble... and he found it, lol... I finally had to quit giving into them and not respond because it seemed like it always landed in my lap as the instigator, and I wasn't... by the end it was so bad that I didn't even have to comment and they were calling me out, lol.. thank god that is all behind us now... 

but I can assure you that if I have something to say I also have something to back up my position... I learned early on that subjective opinion that is unsupported didn't go over well... as it shouldn't in most cases...

Lol, I feel like there's a little revisionist history going on there. I called LDW "trash" one time and you became completely unhinged. For some reason you took the word trash as some sort of attack on his personality/character rather than his football ability and just started devolving into these weak insults any time I posted. You seemed to take it way too seriously and couldn't help but get that last word in every single time. All I had to do was chirp you a little bit and you'd go off on me and end up getting clapped by the mods.

It's whatever now though, I don't have a problem with you. I didn't expect you to actually care about the team and thought you'd leave whenever your guy departed the team, but you clearly do care about the CFL and the Bombers so that's pretty cool.

8 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Getting back to the original question, it's close to (if not already) a week since the other forum went down and nothing yet. Very odd...

In a completely unrelated story, I saw someone post this picture of an unidentified MBB mod on Twitter yesterday, apparently taken inside the server room of the company hosting TEP's back-end...

Internet connection lost.Man holding unplugged cable

6 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Getting back to the original question, it's close to (if not already) a week since the other forum went down and nothing yet. Very odd...

The forum has always seemed like the lowest of priorities for the team/league. If I remember correctly it was actually removed from the navigation of the team site for a while not too long ago. I'm sure they don't care to put any resources towards it and would rather just let it die than continue to support it. I'd bet on the mod team there pressing to get the site back up some of the previous times it's been down is the only reason it's still been alive this long.

2 hours ago, Colton said:

The forum has always seemed like the lowest of priorities for the team/league. If I remember correctly it was actually removed from the navigation of the team site for a while not too long ago. I'm sure they don't care to put any resources towards it and would rather just let it die than continue to support it. I'd bet on the mod team there pressing to get the site back up some of the previous times it's been down is the only reason it's still been alive this long.

The site will be back up. I emailed the WBB football club about it and they said they had no answers as to when but said it was something that they value and will continue to support.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

The site will be back up. I emailed the WBB football club about it and they said they had no answers as to when but said it was something that they value and will continue to support.

I got the same type of email more or less - I translated my response  to say that while they think the site is important - not really a priority at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Jay Worshington said:

I'm not sure it's a coincidence the site was shut down several days before the playoffs began.  I would be surprised if it's back up before the Bombers are done this year. 

It would be bad form if this were the case. Any one that has even a fundamental understanding of BTB or BTC and how a web presences plays an important role in generating interest etc. would understand that you never ever want to take  you site down when maximum exposure is almost a guarantee (which as in the case of the playoff traffic) etc.

But on the other hand maybe the Bomber organization is still back in the 1960's (Fax anyone?).

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah but they still utilize dial up and windows 95 for most operating platforms..so there's that 

lol...but seriously i do know that TEP's age has been creating a lot of problems for it over the past couple months because of new internet security protocols on browsers. It may have come to a head.

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

lol...but seriously i do know that TEP's age has been creating a lot of problems for it over the past couple months because of new internet security protocols on browsers. It may have come to a head.

Perhaps they are migrating to Windows 10 since Win7 is nearing its end of life?  Lots of organizations are doing that right now.