The Other Bomber Forum

BBRT

14 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Hope some of the "other forum" people keep posting here, after the other site is back up.

I am happy to stick around here long-term. To be perfectly honest, whenever I would lurk, the discussion often seemed slow and/or mirrored the discussion of the other forum and so I never felt the need to read what essentially was the same conversation happening over there.

I am always happy to meet and interact with new fans, though.

The discussions here are far, FAR better with a lot more people who "get it". We have football people here.. Guys who've played the game, coached the game... Just really understand it. It's not just a bunch of "Yay local sports team" (okay, iHeart... But they don't count for anything..) type people. I feel the discussions here are, for the most part, more intelligent... Nuanced.... 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

The discussions here are far, FAR better with a lot more people who "get it". We have football people here.. Guys who've played the game, coached the game... Just really understand it. It's not just a bunch of "Yay local sports team" (okay, iHeart... But they don't count for anything..) type people. I feel the discussions here are, for the most part, more intelligent... Nuanced.... 

No they are not. They are just more familiar for you. The football IQ is every bit as high at TEP. Does TEP have more fan boys...sure...I'll give you that. Because the traffic is much higher at TEP you get a lot of new, and fringe posters and this forum does have a much better mechanism for discouraging dumb posts but it is massively incorrect to assume that people here know more than over there. There are many great and knowlegable posters at TEP.

Edited by gcn11

11 hours ago, Mark F said:

Hope some of the "other forum" people keep posting here, after the other site is back up.

I would imagine many will go back to TEP the moment it goes back up, but depending on how many are discouraged by being called 2nd rate here, a lot would prefer to frequent both sites.

Edited by gcn11

2 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I would imagine many will go back to TEP the moment it goes back up, but depending on how many are discouraged by being called 2nd rate here a lot would prefer to frequent both sites.

understand. but that's from one person, I don't think too many people here think that the other site is second rate. Lots of them are at both. I read the other site all the time, just don't post there.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

understamd. but that's from one person, nobody else thinks that.

That's why I put it up Mark, just trying to give you a chance for you to clear the air. FTR, I have been a long time member at both sites and enjoy the forum community of both sites. Each has their own individual redeeming qualities. It is unfortunate that on the occasion that many lost their forum and came looking for a new one after a big playoff win that the message they were met with was an attack on their football IQ.

Most of the guys like Goldmember etc were original members at TEP, many with post totals in the tens of thousands over there. You can see how they might take an attack on the intelligence level of that forum personally. As a long time member here I know that is not your or Rich's intent so I am glad you have taken the time to let the guys, who don't know who the alpha dogs are, know what this forum's real thoughts are.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Amen brother. I post at TEP, and here. Both great forums.

Ok its Tues morning and I have not had my first coffee but what does "TEP" stand for? Maybe my brain has not woken up yet out here in Cal Town.

I post on both...enjoy both equally and don't really notice a real difference...the one thing that I notice at the other forum is that there are more fans there who are just that fans...and don't have extensive football knowledge or back ground in it, but are hard core fans, and they use the forum as an avenue to learn and educate themselves, and seem appreciative for it

Here you have some savy vets of the game in varying degrees, which leads to a bit more intense and at times heated discussion, and a bit more mud slinging, but I find that fun and entertaining and rarely offensive in any way...if yiou can dish it...you gotta be able and expect to take it right back

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

understand. but that's from one person, I don't think too many people here think that the other site is second rate. Lots of them are at both. I read the other site all the time, just don't post there.

I for one am a fan of 60 years and appreciate the fact that there are posters on both forums with far more technical expertise however I feel as an equal contributor in other aspects of the game especially when it comes to leadership et al.   I'm glad this forum  exists and will participate in both....if and when the other forum ever gets running again.    I'm somewhat dismayed that there has been no communication from the Bombers brain trust as to when that might be!

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

I used to do both... but I became more limited in time over the last few years... so I decided to stick to just this one... I like it better... but that's not saying the other site is "second rate" or anything... 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I used to do both... but I became more limited in time over the last few years... so I decided to stick to just this one... I like it better... but that's not saying the other site is "second rate" or anything... 

For sure. Both forums have things to offer that are quite different. That is why I post at both. This place is a little looser with the moderation and members are allowed to sort things out themselves but it can be merciless to those just learning the game and the pace is slower, on TEP the pace is much faster but you have to weed through stuff a lot more.

Edited by gcn11

Just wanted to say that I'm pumped for the win and the West Final. It was so satisfying to see the Stamps lose at home and the bewildered face on Bo Levi. I think we've got an excellent chance to win in Regina on Sunday! Go Blue!

Edited by Sir Blue and Gold

42 minutes ago, Sir Blue and Gold said:

Just wanted to say that I'm pumped for the win and the West Final. It was so satisfying to see the Stamps lose at home and the bewildered face on Bo Levi. I think we've got an excellent chance to win in Regina on Sunday! Go Blue!

lol. As if you found the same avatar after all these years..

48 minutes ago, Sir Blue and Gold said:

found it interesting..and funny that every time a play failed for them you would see Bo look around for a flag...hooping dearly and it never materialized for him