The Other Bomber Forum

BBRT

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

You know i've spoken up on your behalf on this and the other forum but you are acting like a ****** right now NS.

Sorry if I upset you tonight,  if I can make it right I will. 

But,  I wish people would say exactly what it is I say wrong when they get mad...... and not just throw insults and other crap at me....

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Like I just said to the zipp...... if you could give me examples of what I post that is so different from what others post..... I will listen,  I may have a question after I listen to what you feel is so annoying,  but I would expect a dialogue about it after and not just a banning.

I’m not going to give you examples because I don’t care enough to look up your post history while I’m on my phone but I will just say this: take a look at how many people agreed with what I wrote. If you don’t find that telling ... you should. It’s not us man, it’s you.

10 hours ago, J5V said:

Lighten up, gcn11. Once you get past Noeller's crusty exterior he's alright. The crustiness is actually a part of his style. Think of him as the crusty old man on Seinfeld ...

problem is that Noeller is 21 years old! :) - just kidding have no idea how old Noeller is - however in his defense I am somewhat crusty but I get the right to be - as I am over 21! (by 635 months). :)

13 minutes ago, toolsinbox said:

Hey everyone.

Nice to see some familiar handles on here as I just signed up !

I find it disheartening that there has been zero comment from the team on that  forum being down. 

Glad to be here !!!

They responded to one persons twitter inquiry but that was it...you are right no general tweet saying it is down...

10 hours ago, J5V said:

Lighten up, gcn11. Once you get past Noeller's crusty exterior he's alright. The crustiness is actually a part of his style. Think of him as the crusty old man on Seinfeld ...

Lol..i've posted at OB and here for many years. I know Noeller is a closet sweet heart. He is kicking a dog while its down right now though.

28 minutes ago, toolsinbox said:

Hey everyone.

Nice to see some familiar handles on here as I just signed up !

I find it disheartening that there has been zero comment from the team on that  forum being down. 

Glad to be here !!!

Folks I did get an email from someone in the Bomber organization yesterday (prior to game time) that they were working on the issue. I had asked for a contact person to chat with and of course that was not provided. I have been a long time poster here and over there and even back in the days of Colin's site and prior to that the original TotalCFL site when it first started. I am somewhat pissed at the Bomber organization for not providing anyone with at least a "Flash Page" when you go to the site that would indicate the site was down etc. etc. My company has 3 sites that we depend on for info and product orders at times, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt if any of them were down as long as the Bomber Site has been down without some form of notice - We would be replacing the web team rather quickly.

5 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Folks I did get an email from someone in the Bomber organization yesterday (prior to game time) that they were working on the issue. I had asked for a contact person to chat with and of course that was not provided. I have been a long time poster here and over there and even back in the days of Colin's site and prior to that the original TotalCFL site when it first started. I am somewhat pissed at the Bomber organization for not providing anyone with at least a "Flash Page" when you go to the site that would indicate the site was down etc. etc. My company has 3 sites that we depend on for info and product orders at times, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt if any of them were down as long as the Bomber Site has been down without some form of notice - We would be replacing the web team rather quickly.

You assume they have a "web team", I assume they don't.  They probably had someone set it up years ago who is now long gone, site basically runs on the ancient framework and if anything goes wrong they have to rely on outside help to resolve their problems.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You assume they have a "web team", I assume they don't.  They probably had someone set it up years ago who is now long gone, site basically runs on the ancient framework and if anything goes wrong they have to rely on outside help to resolve their problems.

never thought of that! Thought all organizations had a web team. Ours is small - 3 folks but they do a great job! We do outsource content to a professional writer but everything else is inhouse. - Even today a stat holiday here in Alberta one of them is working on bug fixes to 1 of our sites. Hope the Bomber site comes up soon as I know lots of folks post there and here both. Heck Mookie (Colin Unger) was a one man shop and his site was very seldom down when he had OurBombers going.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I have zero clue on the model for the infrastructure...could be someone's teenager running it...the expert could be away who knows...it also isn't directly revenue generating so priority may be less than what we expect.   I do agree that the handling of the "incident" could have been way better considering it has gone on for days...social media communication, flash pages, scroll bars on the main site...lots of options 

18 minutes ago, TheAardvark said:

This site is much better, it is usually Aardvark free... ;)

Aards is here - to quote a line from Grease "The whole gang is back!" - now if only Nasty Nate was posting (note that was intended as a joke!)

9 hours ago, gcn11 said:

there isn't

Hmm, I'll take your word for it but there are a few comments on here that have an elitist leaning. Pretty weird if you ask me, seeing as we are all just a bunch of super fans who want to discuss our team. 

On another note, while I never posted here before I sure am glad there's a place to spend all my free time talking Bombers. It's the freaking playoffs and we just beat the Stamps in Calgary and are about to do the same to the Riders in Regina in less than a week.

Life is good.

Edited by blue_or_die