2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Well, I've never been a fan of "consequences" Kavis Reed but does he deserve some credit at least for the Als 10-8 season last year? He signed William Stanback, drafted Trey Rutherford, signed Henoc Muamba, Tommie Campbell and Boseko Lokombo, promoted Khari Jones to HC, signed Vernon Adams Jr., and put together one of the league’s best receiving corps in Eugene Lewis, DeVier Posey, Quan Bray and Jake Wieneke.

You've just answered your own question, along with the bad comes some good, nothing is ever black or white.  I hope Travis is writing a book, the CFL could use some exposing  and Travis could shed a lot of light.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, J5V said:

With 30 seconds left Fajardo gets sacked and fumbles and Wpg recovers but it's overturned by the Command Centre. What a horrible call. No way, in my opinion, is that an "incomplete pass". A real "homer" call there that could have had disastrous results for our football team. Had we gone on to lose that game I would have been livid about that call. Just BS.

yes, it would have been right up there with 1972 and that loss to Sask in West Final.  Thank goodness that history didn't repeat itself.

On 2020-01-11 at 9:31 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

If eliminating the ratio was a such good idea it would have been done by now. It hasn't been because the negatives of doing so would outweigh anything positive. 

I wonder though if that dynamic would change in a (market) like Toronto and/or Montreal. 

“He’s viewed as a rising offensive mind in the league.

https://3downnation.com/2020/01/19/bombers-promoting-former-cfl-qb-buck-pierce-to-offensive-coordinator/

“Pierce is about to takeover the lead role in Winnipeg’s offence and being a former QB, expect the schemes to be beneficial for signal callers.“

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

“He’s viewed as a rising offensive mind in the league.

https://3downnation.com/2020/01/19/bombers-promoting-former-cfl-qb-buck-pierce-to-offensive-coordinator/

“Pierce is about to takeover the lead role in Winnipeg’s offence and being a former QB, expect the schemes to be beneficial for signal callers.“

I should think that someone from the Bomber organization would take the initiative to come onto the fan website and make the announcements like this one. It would make many here feel like their support of the Bombers was of value.

On 2020-01-17 at 10:15 AM, J5V said:

With 30 seconds left Fajardo gets sacked and fumbles and Wpg recovers but it's overturned by the Command Centre. What a horrible call. No way, in my opinion, is that an "incomplete pass". A real "homer" call there that could have had disastrous results for our football team. Had we gone on to lose that game I would have been livid about that call. Just BS.

I'd love to agree with you... but unfortunately, you're wrong... by the rule, that's 100% an incomplete pass... I remember watching the game and when I saw the replay immediately said "****, that's an incomplete pass"...

if we had gone on to lose... it would be the dropped Sayles INT (just knock the f***ing ball down!) on 3rd and 10 that would haunt us...

On 2020-01-19 at 4:50 PM, Tracker said:

I should think that someone from the Bomber organization would take the initiative to come onto the fan website and make the announcements like this one. It would make many here feel like their support of the Bombers was of value.

Seriously?  I'm sorry, but I don't share (or even understand) this sort of level of entitlement.  They make their announcements in the press, because that's how it's done.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How hard would it be for them to phone me at home and keep me updated? I mean really...

It's just laziness. I mean, what are they even doing now? Why can't they call us? I'm sitting here, with my phone, ready for a call. Or sure they'll call when they want something but why not just pick up the phone and see how I'm doing? 

I'm great, by the way. 

I know we're joking about the calling at home thing... but when I bought season tix for my parents, their customer service was over the top - like their sales gave me her text number to close the deal before xmas

Olga Tzerkovich... weird that the bombers have a Ukraine office but whatevs - they keep saying they're sending the actual tickets.... eventually.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I know we're joking about the calling at home thing... but when I bought season tix for my parents, their customer service was over the top - like their sales gave me her text number to close the deal before xmas

Olga Tzerkovich... weird that the bombers have a Ukraine office but whatevs - they keep saying they're sending the actual tickets.... eventually.

Good point. They should also call and inform us of the tracking updates on the shipping of the tickets.

On 2020-01-16 at 10:31 AM, 17to85 said:

Honestly the D came together when they got the secondary sorted out. Lot of bodies in and out due to injuries throughout the year, by the playoffs though they'd found a group that worked.

Sort out the secondary meant finally having a safety that can actually COVER and make plays....significantly lacking for a number of years....sorry Loeffler lovers but he couldn’t cover.