2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Just now, Nickthesizz said:

I still feel like he was never a mobile enough QB even in those years. I like Matt Nichols, just don't think he can make plays when the pocket is less than perfect.

He was never a mobile QB, but he could get rid of the ball pretty quick. More so back then, but still now.  I see more panic now than before. 

3 hours ago, Nickthesizz said:

Coming from someone with a shoulder injury I can confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

Coming from someone who thinks you're full of crap, I can confirm that it is you who does not know what the hell you're yapping about. There are many different types of should injury and you have zero clue as to what MN's injury was. Not sure how you could equate the recovery of an elite athlete with what they have at their disposal, to that of a keyboard warrior who strained his shoulder reaching for a donut.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's not a fair comparison though... they have completely differing styles... Buck would just run and not hook slide.. took hits head on (sometimes literally)... watch Zach- he's elusive and dodges on comers as well as slips past them... It's pretty sweet to watch. 

Style makes no difference. When you are a QB you are the nail, not the hammer. Whether, you get concussed from a blind side hit or not hook sliding is irrelevant.

37 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

He was never a mobile QB, but he could get rid of the ball pretty quick. More so back then, but still now.  I see more panic now than before. 

Last year yes, but this year he was playing excellent ball right up until his injury.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly cant believe someone would argue this point. Collaros can get a season ending concussion from falling at this point. I mean so could anyone really, but the chances on Collaros are much higher. And it's going to be that way for the rest of his life. Nichols has at the very least an opportunity to completely heal.

On top of that, the way you're responding to posters makes you seem like a giant ******  bag. Maybe take some time to review what you're saying/trying to say before you post.

I think he is being very intentional with what he is saying. A real internet tuff guy.

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Last year yes, but this year he was playing excellent ball right up until his injury.

yes he was, he actually extended plays with his feet and left the pocket to make throws..so to say that he just chuck's it away...or turtles under for the sack isn't entirely true.

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Look at what they’re doing in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson. A team that is playing to the strength of his athletic abilities. I believe CS could be that guy for us if he is given the chance and we built the right offensive game plan behind him. 

Totally true..and part reason why I say he is being somewhat neutered here and restrained and Lapo is too stuck in his philosophy of what he wants and over using certain things to the point of being counter productive.

With the tools he has/had Lucky/Grant/Harris and even Augustine, and not evolving and creating things to suit and augment Streveler is a major fail..and was almost our un-doing this year when Matt went down

Lapo leaving would be the best thing for Streveler's game, and for him to progress and be that dominant QB who would be a game changer and upper echelon guy...Lapo continuing on here status quo will severely hamper Strev, and most likely ruin him, or force him to go elsewhere and then flourish and make us look pretty dumb in the process for keeping reigns on him

26 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Style makes no difference. When you are a QB you are the nail, not the hammer. Whether, you get concussed from a blind side hit or not hook sliding is irrelevant.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree here... Style is very important... It doesn't apply here When talking about Nichols vs Collaros - as they are very similar- but, If you are Talking about Pierce vs Collaros... yeah- That makes a HUGE difference.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

means nothing...guys can throw for yards in cold weather..Danny Barret threw for almost 400 yards in 1991 Grey Cup..Prob coldest game I ever been to..and many other games guys put up big numbers

I remember some of Dieter Brocks better games were in the playoffs when it was cold. As long as he could grip the ball he could throw it. And his receivers made the receptions. 

1 hour ago, Nickthesizz said:

I still feel like he was never a mobile enough QB even in those years. I like Matt Nichols, just don't think he can make plays when the pocket is less than perfect.

He could certainly move a lot better in 2016/2017 then now. The play that comes to mind is the come back game against MTL at home. He almost scored the game winner when he moved around in the pocket and then took off down to the 3 or 2 yrd line. Could he do that today/moving forward...I'm not so sure

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The first Five to six games... yes, But not the last three. He was trending downwards.

I agree with this, as I was beginning to get fairly frustrated with the Offences play around that time of year.... But it could also be a combination of things...playing better teams, other teams finally jelling a bit, poor game plans, defenses adjusting to Bomber game plans. It's not always just the QB. In the same way it's not always the OC. I do remember cursing a lot saying "There was literally no one running down field on that play", that's not on a QB. I can also remember saying "Adams had his guy beat! Nichols wouldn't throw it!" Obviously that's not on the OC.

Football man....****'s complicated. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He could certainly move a lot better in 2016/2017 then now. The play that comes to mind is the come back game against MTL at home. He almost scored the game winner when he moved around in the pocket and then took off down to the 3 or 2 yrd line. Could he do that today/moving forward...I'm not so sure

Nichols worked to improve his mobility this past off-season, he was more mobile this year than last coming off his leg injury but he is essentially still a pocket passer.  Collaros has always been more of a scrambler, if he'd signed with the Stamps instead of the Ti-Cats years ago he may have won multiple G.C.'s and better preserved his brain matter.

Brain Matter-Scientifically illustrated.

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

43 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Look at what they’re doing in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson. A team that is playing to the strength of his athletic abilities. I believe CS could be that guy for us if he is given the chance and we built the right offensive game plan behind him. 

Maybe, but I'd have to see a lot more from him as a passer before I'd be willing to give him the keys to the franchise. Ideally, we'll get another season out of him as a 1b qb option before we have to decide if he's a starter.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Coming from someone who thinks you're full of crap, I can confirm that it is you who does not know what the hell you're yapping about. There are many different types of should injury and you have zero clue as to what MN's injury was. Not sure how you could equate the recovery of an elite athlete with what they have at their disposal, to that of a keyboard warrior who strained his shoulder reaching for a donut.

If this isn't a direct personal attack I don't know what is.

Coming from someone who thinks you know nothing about football, I don't think you could possibly name one reason Nichols is better than Collaros. Should change your name to internet MD.

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Lamar Jackson is a very good pocket passer he is just not a runner. 

Look at guys like Rodgers, not a scrambling qb but has good enough mobility to get out of the pocket and make some extra time for his receivers.

Collaros is a similar style player where Nichols is not as mobile.

Edited by Nickthesizz