Jump to content

2019-20 CFL Offseason


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

there was a follow to this that quoted one agent as saying he really didn't think it would come to this, and the PA/League would come to an agreement whereby they "wouldn't interpret the language in that manner", so it likely won't come to this....still....interesting how it was written.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

there was a follow to this that quoted one agent as saying he really didn't think it would come to this, and the PA/League would come to an agreement whereby they "wouldn't interpret the language in that manner", so it likely won't come to this....still....interesting how it was written.

Yeah I read somewhere that the way it's written was more in line, if the league folds, as in it's not coming back, then the players would be FA (obviously) and it's not specifically for situations like this where play is being stopped basically via government order.

Again, 3rd down is looking for stories (just like other sports media) where there really isn't any. I don't blame them at all either...I just wish people would stop taking everything they say as the word of god.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2020‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 1:56 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

It's hilarious over there how they refuse to acknowledge Booch facts...... hey are you going to make it to paint during the virus GCn20 ?

 

You betcha...If I have to isolate I can't think of a better spot than sitting at the end of my dock. The only way I don't go is if they shut down highways. Even then I may go by seadoo...lol.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

You betcha...If I have to isolate I can't think of a better spot than sitting at the end of my dock. The only way I don't go is if they shut down highways. Even then I may go by seadoo...lol.

every single health authority is saying "don't go to your cottage".........gotta stop finding loopholes. Just stay home and save lives. If everyone locks down, we'll get through this in time to actually spend some of the summer where we want. The longer people keep trying to find loopholes like this, the longer the whole thing is going to last. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

every single health authority is saying "don't go to your cottage".........gotta stop finding loopholes. Just stay home and save lives. If everyone locks down, we'll get through this in time to actually spend some of the summer where we want. The longer people keep trying to find loopholes like this, the longer the whole thing is going to last. 

That's my summer home not a cottage. I have lived there 4 months of the year for the past 20 years and have seasonal business interests nearby that require my attendance and management. Once I am there, I will be staying there and not going back and forth to Winnipeg unless the CFL starts up again with fan attendance. This is not a loophole. I am not a weekend warrior at a cottage.....but thanks for judging.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

That's my summer home not a cottage. I have lived there 4 months of the year for the past 20 years and have seasonal business interests nearby that require my attendance. Once I am there, I will be staying there and not going back and forth to Winnipeg unless the CFL starts up again with fan attendance. This is not a loophole. I am not a weekend warrior at a cottage.....but thanks for judging.

the problem is, if you get sick, you could overwhelm the local hospital. Whether it's Kenora or the East Beaches (Pine Falls Hospital) or the Whiteshell (Pinawa Hospital), you could be a part of a major problem. There's a reason they're telling everyone to stay away. I just don't understand why everyone is looking for loopholes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the problem is, if you get sick, you could overwhelm the local hospital. Whether it's Kenora or the East Beaches (Pine Falls Hospital) or the Whiteshell (Pinawa Hospital), you could be a part of a major problem. There's a reason they're telling everyone to stay away. I just don't understand why everyone is looking for loopholes.

I am listed as a resident of Thompson Manitoba and my Paint Lake residence is considered my primary residence. The BRHA already includes me and my family in their population planning and its even where my family doctor is. Before you accuse someone of loophole chasing make sure you know all the facts. My Winnipeg residence is just a winter get away from my home in Thompson. I spend all spring/summer/fall in Thompson except to drive out for Bomber games and about half the winter as well going back and forth except for the past 2 months I was in Winnipeg because I was minimizing travel due to Covid. Also, I do plan on leaving 2 weeks before business start up and self isolating when I get there.

Further to this, Paint Lake home owners constitute a small population and are counted as full time residents by the BRHA. There is no seasonal cottage industry in Paint Lake/Thompson because of geography.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am listed as a resident of Thompson Manitoba and my Paint Lake residence is considered my primary residence. The BRHA already includes me and my family in their population planning and its even where my family doctor is. Before you accuse someone of loophole chasing make sure you know all the facts. My Winnipeg residence is just a winter get away from my home in Thompson. I spend all spring/summer/fall in Thompson except to drive out for Bomber games and about half the winter as well going back and forth except for the past 2 months I was in Winnipeg because I was minimizing travel due to Covid. Also, I do plan on leaving 2 weeks before business start up and self isolating when I get there.

Further to this, Paint Lake home owners constitute a small population and are counted as full time residents by the BRHA. There is no seasonal cottage industry in Paint Lake/Thompson because of geography.

Paint Lake is a sweet spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Paint Lake is a sweet spot.

I love it. Visited it twenty some years ago on a fishing trip with friends and jumped on a business opportunity in Thompson when it presented itself and moved from Winnipeg and bought a home on Paint Lake. It was a struggle to balance for a few years and eventually I just sold my businesses in Winnipeg but kept the business in Thompson. It s where I met my wife and where my kids went to school. I like to refer to myself as semi-retired because my business is seasonal but I am busy in the summer and able to make a decent living off a seasonal business while enjoying the beautiful Northern Manitoba summer days. Winter sucks though so I still maintain a dwelling in Winnipeg during the offseason.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

This could open a can of worms league wide. If he wins, ex-staff members from every team are going to sue their ex organizations. Every team in the CFL is 100% guilty of doing this

Only those who were dismissed and then, only those who had direct knowledge/control of contracts.  So, no, it's not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Only those who were dismissed and then, only those who had direct knowledge/control of contracts.  So, no, it's not.

The Rider fired there entire training staff after Jones first year. I am sure they might be interested in the outcome of this lawsuit as there was a lot of chatter that it was because they wouldn't clear a player to play when Jones wanted him in the lineup and they were then fired the following offseason. Not exactly the same thing, but similar..

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...