Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JCon

2019-20 CFL Offseason

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Zontar said:

In a big game the panic and excitement to get ball out of endzone to avoid the one point loss is reason enough to keep it.

I think most people agree with this. Seems like the argument is whether a point should be given if the ball sails through the Endzone. Which really wouldn't change much, but it wouldn't improve anything either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd be fine with the idea a point is only awarded if team is able to field it...would eliminate a team winning on a miss in a tie game...or just punting it through end zone

Yeah me to that's the rule for kickoffs if it goes through the endzone its not a point but if its fielded in the endzone its a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

This is why we need the rouge:

 

I'll go you one better. Without the rouge, Saskatchewan does not put a returner in the end zone in the Grey Cup against Montreal, and then their 12 on the line to block the kick is legal, and we are deprived of the greatest bonehead penalty in sports history that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyone want to dump the rouge now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I'll go you one better. Without the rouge, Saskatchewan does not put a returner in the end zone in the Grey Cup against Montreal, and then their 12 on the line to block the kick is legal, and we are deprived of the greatest bonehead penalty in sports history that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyone want to dump the rouge now?

Well that ends that and this boring debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I'll go you one better. Without the rouge, Saskatchewan does not put a returner in the end zone in the Grey Cup against Montreal, and then their 12 on the line to block the kick is legal, and we are deprived of the greatest bonehead penalty in sports history that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyone want to dump the rouge now?

12 on the line blocks are legal. It was the 13th man that was the problem.

It's not 'dumping the rouge' it's 'dumping the single point on a missed FG that goes through the end zone without being touched'. Kinda like when a kickoff goes through the end zone without getting touched. No point awarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you weigh the number of times the rouge actually affects a game versus the excitement generated by the scenario and excitement caused by trying to kick a rouge and the defenders returning the attempt, through a kick out of the end zone, well, there’s no contest.
Do you think they would have named a part of Winnipeg after the rouge if it wasn’t important?

Give me the rouge. we already have the Fort.

FORTHEW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

12 on the line blocks are legal. It was the 13th man that was the problem.

It's not 'dumping the rouge' it's 'dumping the single point on a missed FG that goes through the end zone without being touched'. Kinda like when a kickoff goes through the end zone without getting touched. No point awarded.

Image result for yes i know that forrest gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 on the line..13 on the line...nobody on the line...fact of the matter the Rider's had a Cup won, and basically gave it back to Montreal due to stupidity and ineptness...which follows basically 109 years of that in their 4 Cup wins history...which if not for the Kevin Glenn injury would have been 3 wins...and that is just glorious 

Edited by Booch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Please, God give us something of note to argue about or we will be soon be reduced to arguing about whether it ought to be sock-sock , shoe-shoe or sock-shoe, sock-shoe..

Everyone knows it's sock-shoe, sock-shoe. Anything else is just crazy talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-05 at 9:39 AM, TBURGESS said:

Absolutely. If you can't kick a 5 yard FG, you don't deserve any points.

So driving the ball 105 yards to earn awesome field position deserves not even the smallest of consolation prizes, a single point?

The CFL end zone is 20 yards deep unlike the NFL end zone which is only 10 yards deep. Quite a difference. If I put you out there in a placekickers role would you be able to boot the ball through the end zone of a Canadian field from the 10 yard line, a 30 yard kick? Could you do it each and every time? How about from the 20, a 40 yard kick? Or the 30, a 50 yard kick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, J5V said:

Nonsense. Sock-sock, shoe-shoe is the proper sequence. C'mon! LOL!

Exactly. Sock-shoe, sock-shoe suggests that you don't put socks on when you get dressed or you get dressed at your front door. Both are pure lunacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, J5V said:

So driving the ball 105 yards to earn awesome field position deserves not even the smallest of consolation prizes, a single point?

The CFL end zone is 20 yards deep unlike the NFL end zone which is only 10 yards deep. Quite a difference. If I put you out there in a placekickers role would you be able to boot the ball through the end zone of a Canadian field from the 10 yard line, a 30 yard kick? Could you do it each and every time? How about from the 20, a 40 yard kick? Or the 30, a 50 yard kick? 

Driving the ball 105 yards then fumbling or throwing an interception or missing a FG and the ball going through the end zone without being touched, should all have the same result... Zero points. It's not the drive that matters, it's the failure at the end of the drive that matters.

If you kick off and the ball goes through the end zone without being touched, you get no points, despite the fact that kicking a ball through the end zone is a huge kick. Why should you get a point if you kick it through the end zone from closer in?

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Exactly. Sock-shoe, sock-shoe suggests that you don't put socks on when you get dressed or you get dressed at your front door. Both are pure lunacy. 

You wear socks in the house? That's crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

maybe re-read what he said...

I read what he said and it has little to nothing to do with removing a point for a ball that's kicked through the end zone without being touched. It's just an excuse to bring up the 13th man penalty again because the Riders live rent free in a lot of Bomber fans heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-05 at 9:45 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Doing anything with the rouge doesnt improve the game. It's just change, for change sake. Which is almost always a bad idea.

I tend to look at it differently. Here's Nye's article, which I tend to agree with. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/03/04/nye-time-change-rouge/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...