2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

it's not a boogeyman, it's a thing that can happen if people aren't careful. 

You know what your problem is? For all you read about this subject you constantly demonstrate a real lack of actual understanding. 

And you do realize that this is your response to everyone who doesn't agree with your specific opinion at a given moment...  but its part of your charm.  

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

'Edmonton Eagles'.....although Philadelphia might have a problem with that...We have plenty of eagles in the north....fact is the Bald Eagle nests in Canada and is more home to us than the Americans...Doubt anyone we'll buy it

Eagles would work well, IMO. But I'm not sure if that would infringe upon any NFL copyright. I mean, the BC Lions exist along with the Detroit Lions...

Winnipeg tentatively announced as hub city for 2020 season

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-cfl-hub-city-1.5657988

Just like most players, Saskatchewan offered more ($3 million) than Manitoba ($2.5 million) to subsidize operations but Winnipeg was picked based on ... qualitative factors (such as not being Saskatchewan)

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Sask bid 500k more and didn't get it. 

Players on the Twitterverse are saying it's because they didn't want to get stuck in Saskatchewan for 8 weeks haha. Imagine being a player there for 20 weeks..

I'm surprised the even understand the concept of currency over there. Do they have running water yet?

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

re: Sask's Hub bid......they will never ever win something like that until they get more hotels. That city is SO SMALL and has nowhere for people to stay. They like to think they're the same as Wpg, but they're really a glorified Brandon. 

This statement is an egregious insult to Brandon.