2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Hate the game not the players. I guess looking out for your own livelihood, health and future isn’t seen as a desirable attribute. As to whether he is prepared or not....how do you train for something when there is no indication as to when it will start? Always easy to be critical of someone on another team. That is subjectivity vs objectivity. 

Banks did suffer a nasty injury in last year's Grey Cup so I don't blame him for that. But I do blame him for whining to his head coach that he was getting the ball too much & was tired. That is inexcusable. And so the question has to be asked. Did he quit on his teammates & not going all out when he injured his hip/leg? Players that go less than full speed are susceptible to injuries. I always equate it to 2 vehicles colliding. One is going 70 kph & the other 120 kph. The collision is still catastrophic but moreso to the slower vehicle. I find Banks to be an enigma. He wants the recognition. He wants the championships but he has shown in the past that he doesn't want to put in the hard work to get it.  He falls apart if things don't go his way. The guy has all the talent in the world but still.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's the championship game! You're tired? Getting hit hard? So what? You think Andrew Harris was tired and sore? Probably was but he still went out there and busted his ass to win. 

That determination and toughness is what wins. 

Look at Streveler that guy was completely busted up and still toughed through it.  

3 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

There’s probably 3 weight class differences between those 2....lol....that’s brut strength vs finesse 

Just because someone is bigger it doesn't mean they have a higher pain threshold.  Watch any of the lighter weights in the UFC and you'll see guys taking absolute beatings and still get up and fight hard.    

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Just because someone is bigger it doesn't mean they have a higher pain threshold.  Watch any of the lighter weights in the UFC and you'll see guys taking absolute beatings and still get up and fight hard.    

My point was that Banks is a finesse player, his success is based on being fast, quick, elusive and to avoid physical contact. He has had some significant injuries....but I can’t speak as to his pain threshold. I would suggest that if he is nicked up or tired he understands he would be less effective given his size and skill set.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Look at Streveler that guy was completely busted up and still toughed through it.  

Brandon Banks, Dane Evans & Simoni Lawrence... matter of fact hat whole Ti Cats team looked like they won the GC on Thursday night at the CFL Awards Dinner. Too bad for them the game was 3 days later. Good for us, though. Plans change fast when you get punched in the nose & it hurts 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

My point was that Banks is a finesse player, his success is based on being fast, quick, elusive and to avoid physical contact. He has had some significant injuries....but I can’t speak as to his pain threshold. I would suggest that if he is nicked up or tired he understands he would be less effective given his size and skill set.

Boo freaking hoo. Football is a collision sport. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

A more credible source lol

Just a couple of minor details to wok out? This is like the reports that the Covid vaccine is progressing at warp speed...lol. Similar reports 3 days ago that the NHL had a new CBA. I long for the day that media goes back to actually reporting news and stops with rumours and speculation.

On 2020-06-24 at 4:28 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

They'll show up or they will be in violation of their contracts & won't get paid, I assume. I haven't heard one player say he won't show up in any league. 

And that is why Jones was cut. He likely violated the teams social media policy.

On 2020-06-29 at 12:03 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

And yet, the same team that cuts him & claims the high & mighty ground refuses to have a conversation about their team name & refuses to change it. Which to me is the ultimate in hypocrisy. 

They did actually have a fairlyarge conversation about it from what I remember. I personally think their name should change,  but to say they havent talked about doing it, is false.

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Hub city of WPG is the only place it makes sense. I still don't think the CFL happens, if they do theyll still government  $$.

Its gonna be an interesting few weeks.

I’m curious as to who eats the expense of this...particularly if it actually gets off the ground and then has to get shutdown. Other leagues may have deep enough pockets if it doesn’t work...does the CFL?

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

And that is why Jones was cut. He likely violated the teams social media policy.

They did actually have a fairlyarge conversation about it from what I remember. I personally think their name should change,  but to say they havent talked about doing it, is false.

Looks like the convo is started up again. Same day as Washington finally says they will look at their name. I think both need to change.

I do get a bit of a chuckle from all these american players trying to hold fire to Ambrose's feet. Like they're good. Maybe even HOF good...but there are people waiting to take their place...they arent irreplaceable. So go ahead banks, Daniels, Colins...you're only hurting your own career.

Keep in mind I do fully understand why some arent going to play, and I'm not holding anything against them, I just think it's funny the way their doing it.

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not against their name as it is but I doubt if the conversation was ever, "Should it be changed? It was always about reasons why it shouldn't.