2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

You got a credit???

Miller said he needed my season ticket money for global scouting...

He asked for mine but I said, Floyd was loaded, you can keep his. 

I turned my credit into Bomber Store gift cards and got an additional 20% back. I'm going to buy a new jersey anyhow, so may as well get some extra back. 

Former Winnipeg Blue Bombers chair takes Canadian government to task over lack of CFL support

“I really had hoped the Canadian government would have stepped up and been a more active partner earlier in this to allow whatever planning has to go on, knowing that they have that partnership,” Asper told show host Christian Aumell and co-host Bob Irving.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7080106/winnipeg-blue-bombers-david-asper-canadian-government-cfl-support/

Tampa Bay Lighting had to close down their a Phase 2 start up due to multiple players and staff testing positive. The notion that  pro sports are going to be able to operate is very suspect. Initiating any start up, and the expense associated with it only to have to shut it down maybe simply a waste of money at this point in time. This has to put up red flags.

Bombers president Miller comes to defence of CFL commissioner Ambrosie

We didn't put out a press release about that as a league but that's what was done," said Miller, a former Bombers player. "Throughout every team's organization there've been reductions in salaries, staff positions have been eliminated, budgets decreased throughout the business operation . . . all of these things are going on to get our league and teams through this and get our players back on the field.

"We really need (CFLPA) to grasp the seriousness of the situation facing the league and our teams. We're a gate-driven league and that's been taken right away now because of COVID and the public health concerns, which we fully understand.

"It's absolutely unfair to go at our commissioner and suggest we're not working hard to find a recovery plan to get back to 2020 and the future. Just absolutely inaccurate and they've been engaged through this process."

https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/national-sports/bombers-president-miller-comes-to-defence-of-cfl-commissioner-ambrosie-2446242

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Could you imagine how awful this would be if the Bombers hadn't won the Grey Cup?

Yup running into Eskie, Stamps and RoughRider fans around here giving me a hard time about my Bomber gear and reigning Grey Cup Champions flows of my lips.

19 hours ago, BBlink said:

I'm sure there are some good players in the XFL.  But they were picking from a pool of players that were already 1. Not in the NFL and 2. Not in the CFL . So I really wouldn't be making such bold claims.

Exactly. This Eric Galko guy is just trying to be a hype man for another failed football league, on the remote chance that they reboot the XFL at some point. Unlikely. I'm repeating myself, but, why do rich successful people repeatedly piss their money away thinking that they could succeed running another pro football league in the US? 

7 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Pro teams can’t even get to organized Training Camps and guys are testing positive....how do they think this ever works. Then you have football with a 1 ya LOS...guys huffing and puffing....how sensible is that? 

My thoughts too. Wish they would just rip the band aid off and officially cancel the season. Ask the Gov for funds to keep the league a float. And start planning for 2021 which will still be heavily impacted by COVID.