2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

What the hell is Ambrosie doing....letting the argos' off the hook....He's setting a bad precedent here...I understand that this franchise is on life support BUT knowing they cheated and allowing them to keep a first rounder they didn't deserve, and doubling down on an extra territorial pick is just plain bull$hit ...He could've let the fine go but for cripes sake have the balls to back up the rest of the punishment...All of the rest of the clubs are presently wondering what the hell is going on...BRUTAL

I see this as extraordinary times in an extraordinary environment.

Is it really such a stretch to see forgiveness in this climate where teams are already pushed to the limits and nobody knows how long the CFL can survive?

Lets try and get the League back on strong footing and take it from there.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://3downnation.com/2020/06/10/argos-violated-5-2-million-cfl-salary-cap-in-2019/

So just to recap... the Argos go over the salary cap and not only do they not get fined/penalized but they get rewarded with an extra territorial pick...

Rest of the league subsidizes their losses while they pay Jim Popp $600k a year...  got it.

haha, what a joke... I wonder if they would've "ignored" the fine if Winnipeg, Regina, or Edmonton went over the cap... 🙄

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

haha, what a joke... I wonder if they would've "ignored" the fine if Winnipeg, Regina, or Edmonton went over the cap... 🙄

Didn't they already announce that Sask was over the cap? Or am I just thinking of the fact that they lost a ****-ton of money last year......? 

29 minutes ago, bearpants said:

No problem cancelling the fine... but aren't you supposed to lose a draft pick if you go over the cap?  I mean AT LEAST penalize them the extra territorial pick they got

Just now, Mike said:

I mean, it blows my mind that nobody in the CFL office thought “hey, if the global pandemic makes cash flow difficult, a good alternative would be lowering the Argos’ salary cap for 2020 by the amount they went over in 2019”

Skating by with no penalty? That’s an absolute joke lol 

Beat me to it.... This is exactly what I was going to post.  Seems like a pretty easy alternative.  Doing nothing is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

draft picks only come into play after a certain amount over. before that it's just a fine. 

Bullshit though. Not like MLSE can't afford it. 

That’s why I was thinking they’d lose their second first rounder... the one that was randomly invented to help them 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And most people would say fine, shut the tv off. go to their device & check the score in 15 minutes without skipping a beat.

What if they just make us pay to get real play by play instead of the third quarter rambling random interview...  I'd legit pay for that

Going to have throw the flag on this one. 
Delay of game, whether intentional or not. 
As we sit on the sidelines of this CFL season with the immense frustration of not knowing what the H is going on behind the scenes in the CFL head office, imagine the frustration the players are going through because, for a lot of them, this is their living.
I’ve been sitting on the fence on this issue ever since that dampenic came into being, but now I wonder why a plan hasn’t been discussed over the immediate future of the CFL season. 
And why, for heaven’s sakes, hasn’t the CFLPA, been involved all along. There’s some pretty good thinkers in that group and you’d have to think they could help with the guidelines.
This season was supposed to have started already, with all the players involved. 
Hopefully, the head office will get them involved in a matter that affects them directly.

GET IT DONE!

23 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Going to have throw the flag on this one. 
Delay of game, whether intentional or not. 
As we sit on the sidelines of this CFL season with the immense frustration of not knowing what the H is going on behind the scenes in the CFL head office, imagine the frustration the players are going through because, for a lot of them, this is their living.
I’ve been sitting on the fence on this issue ever since that dampenic came into being, but now I wonder why a plan hasn’t been discussed over the immediate future of the CFL season. 
And why, for heaven’s sakes, hasn’t the CFLPA, been involved all along. There’s some pretty good thinkers in that group and you’d have to think they could help with the guidelines.
This season was supposed to have started already, with all the players involved. 
Hopefully, the head office will get them involved in a matter that affects them directly.

GET IT DONE!

donald trump rnc GIF by Election 2016

Ambrosie has botched this delayed/ cancelled (?) season right from the start. From his disastrous ask for millions from the Liberals to excluding the players from being involved in any contingency plans. It's not getting any better under his watch. Everyone is left in the dark & time is a wasting. This should be Week #1 of the regular season. . 

Edited by SpeedFlex27