2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

We’re not sure what’s happening behind-the-scenes regarding the CFL’s proposal for Federal aid and plans for a Return To Play. Rest assured the activity is furious at CFL headquarters, but we haven’t had an update in awhile. In my circles, CFL stakeholders are burning up the phone lines planning a gigantic fundraiser – think of a CFL Live Aid around the globe – but not much can be planned without some concrete news on the 2020 season. What’s encouraging is that many current and past players are eager to pitch in.

Whether the CFL gets government assistance to cover their massive losses remains anyone’s guess. CFL types I’ve talked to seem to think it’s a slam dunk but it’s a very slippery slope for the Trudeau government. Every other league I’ve talked to, including baseball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball and hockey, is observing the situation like a hawk and will be next in line for a handout if the CFL gets theirs. Given the Liberals propensity for all things being “fair” they could prop up everybody … or nobody.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced a $3.5-million profit in 2019 while the Saskatchewan Roughriders announced a $200,000+ loss. What that tells me is that the Blue Bombers have got it going on. Could they become the CFL’s marquee franchise? They’re on their way.

http://rodpedersen.com/weekend-random-thoughts-for-universal-collision-centre/

Where is the spit take emojii when you need it?

Gord Miller doesn't come across arrogant when he calls CFL games.  Him and Matty have good chemistry and are my favorite duo to watch regardless of whatever teams are playing.  I also don't really care about Miller having a face for radio and don't understand the importance of having an attractive PBP guy to call CFL games?  

On 2020-06-07 at 12:57 AM, Brandon said:

I would assume in broadcasting most people would work their way to the top?  Wouldn't it be the entry level PBP needing to give them a chance? 

Of course... but you think a national CFL broadcast is entry level??... entry level is a radio broadcast for an MJHL team... CFL is about 5 levels above entry level...

This is a NHL rumor but could have pretty big implications on the CFL.  No idea if there is any legitamacy to this reports but it talks about how the NHL is considering permanantly starting the season later to avoid having to compete against the NBA.  https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumor-nhl-looking-at-making-permanent-changes-to-the-regular-season?ref=sidebar

This is something that could really benefit the CFL down the stretch and into the playoffs and the Grey Cup her in Canada. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

DR. CFL. are you saying Cuthbert gave up job security to leave TSN? That his Sportsnet contract isn't a multi year six figure salary paid annually?

No I’m saying he left TSN because of possible lack of job security. Hypothetically if his TSN deal was paid on a per game basis who knows what number of games he would have had , with the possibility of none.

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

This is a NHL rumor but could have pretty big implications on the CFL.  No idea if there is any legitamacy to this reports but it talks about how the NHL is considering permanantly starting the season later to avoid having to compete against the NBA.  https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumor-nhl-looking-at-making-permanent-changes-to-the-regular-season?ref=sidebar

This is something that could really benefit the CFL down the stretch and into the playoffs and the Grey Cup her in Canada. 

Hockey Feed.com...is the absolute worst for throwing junk out there. I can’t imagine the NHL is worried about  the NBA.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh man, you had me all hot and horny for a televised 700 yard passing game :(

that doesn't exist, unfortunately, and it's my understanding that CJOB's logger tape of that call no longer exists either. Damn shame. 

38 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Travesty. How can a game from the 90's not be available on video?!?! I can probably watch the freakin' Fog Bowl from 1962.

If it was a playoff game, it probably would be....