2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

If the Rider's are this huge juggernaut fiscal money making best in the CFL team...how is it they loose money on the season, yet the "inferior" Bombers in their eyes make money...Riders enfded up over 200k in the red, albeit they would have made about 300k if not for the 500k they put toward the 2020 Grey Cup...If the Bombers didn't have to fork out an additional 800k+ for playoff expenses being on the road...grey cup expenses..rings etc, they would have pocketed even more...This all with the Green Turds hosting a playoff contest....Me thinks their(that fanbase) needs to re-think their worth and realize they are not the be all..end all. 

"Canada's team"

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

If the Rider's are this huge juggernaut fiscal money making best in the CFL team...how is it they loose money on the season, yet the "inferior" Bombers in their eyes make money...Riders enfded up over 200k in the red, albeit they would have made about 300k if not for the 500k they put toward the 2020 Grey Cup...If the Bombers didn't have to fork out an additional 800k+ for playoff expenses being on the road...grey cup expenses..rings etc, they would have pocketed even more than they did this season...while still making their loan obligations...This all with the Green Turds hosting a playoff contest....Me thinks their(that fanbase) needs to re-think their worth and realize they are not the be all..end all. 

Did the Riders just release their financials? I missed it. The Bombers last year got a big revenue boost from the NFL exhibition game at IG Field. It was an on field disaster, but big $$$ influx. Regina was the first choice for that, but there was a scheduling conflict I think. 

2 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Did the Riders just release their financials? I missed it. The Bombers last year got a big revenue boost from the NFL exhibition game at IG Field. It was an on field disaster, but big $$$ influx. Regina was the first choice for that, but there was a scheduling conflict I think. 

define big?

Riders also hosted a playoff game...and didnt have to pay for 3 playoff road game expenses and all the other $$ winning the cup costs...from what I hear was roughly a million smackers..

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

https://www.nugget.ca/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/roughriders-finances/wcm/f69af966-2d48-4ea5-aa96-ec2919b34851

3rd. down has a piece by Darian Durant....First of all calling him a legend is a joke...secondly ranking the 3 best qbs. currently in the league and picking Fajardo (must have had his green goggles on) as one of them....especially over Zack....What a bull$hit piece , consisting of blowing smoke up the riders arse...Maybe he's looking for extra big lettering on his induction into their hall of shame.......Hey Durant....we want our money back

Edited by Stickem

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

3rd. down has a piece by Darian Durant....First of all calling him a legend is a joke...secondly ranking the 3 best qbs. currently in the league and picking Fajardo (must have had his green goggles on) as one of them....especially over Zack....What a bull$hit piece , consisting of blowing smoke up the riders arse...Maybe he's looking for extra big lettering on his induction into their hall of shame.......Hey Durant....we want our money back

calling him an upandcomer...at 28 hardly an upandcomer

I would think that Harris..Evans, and Even Adams in Mtl would be ahead of Fajardo...

2 hours ago, Booch said:

define big?

Riders also hosted a playoff game...and didnt have to pay for 3 playoff road game expenses and all the other $$ winning the cup costs...from what I hear was roughly a million smackers..

Bombers website says $890,000 in revenue for that event. Not defending the Riders financials, or saying you're wrong about Bombers road game expenses.  The Bombers and Riders always rely on some type of non football event revenue, or in our case horrible NFL pre-season football revenue, to help boost the bottom lines. Also a Grey Cup win pretty much always leads to a revenue boost - merchandise, season ticket renewals and new purchases ... Of course this year, every team is in trouble. 

8 hours ago, Stickem said:

No respect for Durant nor do I care what he thinks. He picked Fajardo as the third best qb in the CFL which is a joke. I'll take Vernon Adams & Trevor Harris over him. As far as Collaros goes, he needs to play a bunch of games to get back into the running when discussions start about who is the CFL's best qb. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Absolutely brutal for TSN. By far the best CFL PBP guy. What in the actual hell are they gonna do to replace him. If Rod Black is the new A guy, that's tough for us. Gord Miller is likely their best PBP right now, with Rod Smith second. The kid from the U of A will get more time now but he's not ready yet. 

Okay, so I've taken a moment and had a couple of thoughts on this. Being in broadcasting and being a ridiculous sports fan like the rest of you, these sorts of things (sports broadcasting) hit home for me........

-Derek Taylor is gaining experience as a CFL PBP guy now, and has TSN experience. Could be someone they reach out to.

-By the same token, I wonder if they reach out to Rod Pedersen. I know what we all think of him, but for some reason he has a lot of goodwill built up in CFL circles and has a lot of years of CFL PBP experience. Curious if he's a name passed around.

-Wondering if there's anyone currently at Sportsnet that might get plucked to come over to TSN..... a name I thought about was Dave Randorf, who really wanted to do NHL PBP, so he left TSN to go do that for S'Net once they got the contract. But he has some CFL background and I'm curious if he'd come back to TSN to do a similar role to Cuthbert (both hockey and football PBP)...

Edited by Noeller

I honestly cannot believe Cuthbert left!!!  He was by far my favourite play by play guy.   It'll be good to hear his voice for hockey games though... I really hope he would start calling Jets games on Sportsnet. 

That being said, are they going to elevate Gord Miller to West games?   TSN needs some better broadcasters.  Maybe Brian Williams can come back into the fold.  

9 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I honestly cannot believe Cuthbert left!!!  He was by far my favourite play by play guy.   It'll be good to hear his voice for hockey games though... I really hope he would start calling Jets games on Sportsnet. 

That being said, are they going to elevate Gord Miller to West games?   TSN needs some better broadcasters.  Maybe Brian Williams can come back into the fold.  

Brian Williams is 107 years old and doesn't do PBP. Cripes. 

They need newer, younger blood. Getting Neilson out of U of A was an interesting move because you have to start grooming people. You know who's an interesting thought is a guy like Darrin Bauming. Doesn't he do some Bisons PBP or am I crazy? I wonder if he has aspirations for the big leagues... 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Okay, so I've taken a moment and had a couple of thoughts on this. Being in broadcasting and being a ridiculous sports fan like the rest of you, these sorts of things (sports broadcasting) hit home for me........

-Derek Taylor is gaining experience as a CFL PBP guy now, and has TSN experience. Could be someone they reach out to.

-By the same token, I wonder if they reach out to Rod Pedersen. I know what we all think of him, but for some reason he has a lot of goodwill built up in CFL circles and has a lot of years of CFL PBP experience. Curious if he's a name passed around.

-Wondering if there's anyone currently at Sportsnet that might get plucked to come over to TSN..... a name I thought about was Dave Randorf, who really wanted to do NHL PBP, so he left TSN to go do that for S'Net once they got the contract. But he has some CFL background and I'm curious if he'd come back to TSN to do a similar role to Cuthbert (both hockey and football PBP)...

I don't want Rod P. or Rod P. junior calling games... Taylor from 2 years ago would have been fine but since taking the job in Regina, he's gone full 4-Stripe.  No thank you!