2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Just re-watched the last game of the regular season, the home game vs. Calgary.  What a great game.  You could see the confidence building in the team as Collaros led them down the field for the game winning field goal.  That Bo Levi is just such an arrogant turd, listening to him "miked up" all game I was just wanting to punch him through the screen.  I also saw the Calgary player who was in the end zone, number 83 Josh Huff I believe, fling his helmet about 30 yards down the field at the end of the game.  Total class act.

Anyway, that was Game 1.  Now going to watch the remaining 3 games of the season in succession.  Re-live the whole drive to the Cup.  👍

I was just about to post the link to this story. Insane and I can't imagine the feds bailing them out. Football isn't exactly essential... And that's a fair bit of cash at a bad time. I mean how would you justify this to fiscal Conservatives.....? 

I agree the optics are bad and you're going to bring out the no $ for sports league crowd. I agree there are more important things right now. My argument in favour would be its is a Canadian tradition and Canadian culture. The government spends a ton every year on Canadian Culture and we get a lot of books people don't read and tv shows and movies that people don't watch. Not all Canadian books, tv shows or movies but a lot. Heck they spent 500 million on Canada 150 and there was some questionable spending on that.

Edited by rebusrankin

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just about to post the link to this story. Insane and I can't imagine the feds bailing them out. Football isn't exactly essential... And that's a fair bit of cash at a bad time. I mean how would you justify this to fiscal Conservatives.....? 

The other interesting aspect is asking a Canadians to contribute when a significant number of the employees are Americans. This will be interesting. If the 2020 season is cancelled are people then getting paid not to work? One of those damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

CFL clubs employ a lot more people than just the players. 

I don’t dispute that. But a large number are Americans. Given the financial state of the country are Canadian tax dollars going to be used to pay Americans not to work? It will be interesting.