2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

On 2020-03-28 at 2:30 PM, Booch said:

I also think Coach **** really has no place in saying that...really...who's he to make that assumption

Could say he isn't invested as a serious coach as half time his headset is dangling around his neck...seems to have no control of his players as the extra curricular b.s goes on and on...case in point banjo bowl...and the other constant yapping and mugging for camera...so really he should keep his pie hole shut truth be told

If any of our guys pulled what the rider dorks did at Banjo Bowl...U could bet Oshea wouldn't have let them see field again that game...and a guy like Kindly Cal would possibly cut him..as I remember the time he cut a guy at halftime one year

I agree. What was the point of Dickinson calling out Carter? didn't make a lot of sense. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. What was the point of Dickinson calling out Carter? didn't make a lot of sense. 

I mean he didn't exactly **** all over him...  he said he was smart and well-liked and blah blah... and just not fully committed to football - its probably one tiny part of the interview blown out of proportion like always

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I mean he didn't exactly **** all over him...  he said he was smart and well-liked and blah blah... and just not fully committed to football - its probably one tiny part of the interview blown out of proportion like always

Duron Carter left after the 2018 season. Don't even know why Craig would even mention him. Carter has always been a headcase. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know if anyone actually read the article. But Dicky was asked about him. I don't even think what he said was that bad. And it seems to be true if you look at his body of work last year, as the season went on he seemed to get less interested. I don't really think he "called him out". Just answered the question that was asked. Just another classic 3rd down "Make an issue where there isn't any" article.

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know if anyone actually read the article. But Dicky was asked about him. I don't even think what he said was that bad. And it seems to be true if you look at his body of work last year, as the season went on he seemed to get less interested. I don't really think he "called him out". Just answered the question that was asked. Just another classic 3rd down "Make an issue where there isn't any" article.

A lot of coaches wouldn't have answered the question directly or talked around the question. I'm no Duron carter fan but he isn't even on a CFL roster now but can't remember as it seems like years ago that the FA signing period opened & we were actually talking football. 

55 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Like a fart in a bathtub, Duron Carter will also eventually dissipate and fade into nonexistence.

You FART in your bathtub? I have never done anything like that ...…………………………………………………………    never.         

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

A lot of coaches wouldn't have answered the question directly or talked around the question. I'm no Duron carter fan but he isn't even on a CFL roster now but can't remember as it seems like years ago that the FA signing period opened & we were actually talking football. 

Dickinson is a breath of fresh air in coaching circles in so much as he actually answers questions when he's asked them. I like his style. 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Questions and answers with CFL commissioner:

”Cancelled CFL season would be 'devastating financially,' Randy Ambrosie says..

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/commissioner-randy-ambrosie-q-a-football-covid19-1.5516541?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

No kidding, Mr Commish. Tell us something we don't know. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah people talking about CFL games in empty stadiums, is a pipe dream. No way the CFL could survive doing that. I didn't think an outright canceled season would be that harmful though...wonder where the cost piles up if that were to happen.

why not...you broadcast it perhaps as a pay per view thing...online and with cable...season ticket holders get it for free...the rest of the general public order it...still generates some revenue...advertising dollars can be earned..not an ideal or perfect scenario but easily doable...other leagues and NCAA were gonna consider it, so it's not like it's non-attainable by any stretch

2 hours ago, Booch said:

why not...you broadcast it perhaps as a pay per view thing...online and with cable...season ticket holders get it for free...the rest of the general public order it...still generates some revenue...advertising dollars can be earned..not an ideal or perfect scenario but easily doable...other leagues and NCAA were gonna consider it, so it's not like it's non-attainable by any stretch

fair enough. I was speaking to having TSN feed only....which brings up the TSN contract...wonder how that would fly? Could certainly be done...but wouldn't be easy. 

Keeping it as is though and with empty seats could not be done without seriously hurting every team in the league.

EDIT: Thinking about this a little more. They would really need to charge a lot for the PPV for it to make sense. As like most PPV events, people don't watch alone. So instead of 10-15 individual tickets being sold, it would be 1 PPV that could have 4+ people watching (depending on the COVID thing I guess)...It's still better then nothing though. But I'm not sure it would be enough...

Edited by Bigblue204

22 hours ago, Booch said:

Attempting to play the season would mean paying player salaries plus facility fees and all associated costs, the bulk of their expenses with no guarantee income can even cover the cost, going into hibernation and reducing expenses  to the minimum is probably a cheaper and less risky alternative.  Unfortunately a lot of the players currently making a living in the CFL will probably have to move on to other careers fairly quickly to make ends meet.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne