2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

15 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, while what you say is true, I think the magic number for directing barbs at Rider fans stands at a number originating from Rider fans. And that number, which they clung to as if it was all they had, and it was, is 1990. 

I will always associate the number 13 with the 4 stripe. 

14 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Just read the Global article and the reported number is $100k. But hey 10-20k...100k... that's the same, right? Just like 12 and 13? And I'm sure it won't end up more being more expensive than that at all. In summary: **** those *** clowns.

Eh, it's not even about the money. It's about the simple fact karma decided to bite Rider Nation in the ass - hard. The realization IGF West is like most other manmade structures and far from perfect. Those stubble-jumpers made it a point to **** on IGF for its issues, even going so far as to take jabs at the WFC and the City of Winnipeg over it. So, I'll gladly gorge on the schadenfreude to see workmanship issues cast a shadow on their precious stadium. It couldn't happen to a more deserving "nation" as far as I'm concerned. 

Best of all? We get to celebrate our team's championship while pointing and laughing at the misfortunes of IGF West.

Maybe SK should change its area code to 413. But it belongs to the state of Massachusetts. 

Edited by blue_gold_84

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Eh, it's not even about the money. It's about the simple fact karma decided to bite Rider Nation in the ass - hard. The realization IGF West is like most other manmade structures and far from perfect. Those stubble-jumpers made it a point to **** on IGF for its issues, even going so far as to take jabs at the WFC and the City of Winnipeg over it. So, I'll gladly gorge on the schadenfreude to see workmanship issues cast a shadow on their precious stadium. It couldn't happen to a more deserving "nation" as far as I'm concerned. 

Best of all? We get to celebrate our team's championship while pointing and laughing at the misfortunes of IGF West.

Maybe SK should change its area code to 413. But it belongs to the state of Massachusetts. 

They can join the conversation when an NHL arena gets built in Saskabush.

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As much as I hate to say it, Saskatoon actually has a really nice new arena that's not far off BMTSC capacity...

While I agree SaskTel Centre is a nice facility, it's not really new at all. The original structure is over 30 years old and while the renovations/upgrades for the 2010 WJHC helped a fair amount, I have to think it's nearing the end of its life as a venue. IIRC, the City of Saskatoon discussed a potential replacement nearer to downtown a couple years ago.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Boy oh Bo oh boy..
Nyah, nyah..and all that.
Stampeders’ quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell: Rod Pedersen is ‘an idiot’

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/11/stampeders-quarterback-bo-levi-mitchell-rod-pedersen-as-an-idiot/

Glad to hear Bo say it publicly, honestly. 

Everyone who knows the CFL knows Pedersen is the single worst homer in the league and spews nonsense. 

It's refreshing to hear from a player, especially a leage MOP.

Edited by Dr Zaius

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

As much as I hate to say it, Saskatoon actually has a really nice new arena that's not far off BMTSC capacity...

Anyone can put seats in, but SaskTel arena isn't a spit in the ocean compared to any NHL arena. It's not even as nice as our old arena.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

A sparsely attended event with some of the healthiest people on the planet - none of whom are actually threatened by coronavirus.

The world has lost its mind.

Moving a couple hundred people from across the country to see how fast they run and jump seems rather unnecessary. 

And, even though they may not be at risk if getting severely sick, they may pass it on to others. 

Edited by JCon

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

Moving a couple hundred people from across the country to see how fast they run and jump seems rather unnecessary. 

And, even though they may not be at risk if getting several sick, they may pass it on to others. 

Definitely the safest approach to cancel. Plus, they had the global players participating from around the world, which also increases risk. 

I love watching the combine - bit of a draft geek. But, drafting players without benefit of a combine really provides an advantage to the teams that have great Canadian player scouting and evaluation. In other words, the Bombers will be just fine in terms of drafting. 

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Boy oh Bo oh boy..
Nyah, nyah..and all that.
Stampeders’ quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell: Rod Pedersen is ‘an idiot’

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/11/stampeders-quarterback-bo-levi-mitchell-rod-pedersen-as-an-idiot/

Just my two cents, but I've heard Pedersen many times on Rider play-by-play - and yes he is a huge homer. I've also listened to his podcast. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and I don't either. He pumps up the Riders and puts down the Bombers - and says it's all in fun. He does a lot of work for AA - and I respect him for that. As for his feud with BLM...well, it seems BLM is taking it a lot more seriously.

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Just my two cents, but I've heard Pedersen many times on Rider play-by-play - and yes he is a huge homer. I've also listened to his podcast. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and I don't either. He pumps up the Riders and puts down the Bombers - and says it's all in fun. He does a lot of work for AA - and I respect him for that. As for his feud with BLM...well, it seems BLM is taking it a lot more seriously.

I think there are times when the media needs to know it's role. His "takes" are completely unnecessary and do not add value, including entertainment. If your thing is to insult the players, the ones who pay your bills, you might need a new shtick.