2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

2 hours ago, pw13 said:

I think his actual quote, when Stegall set the record for career touchdowns, was "Milt Stegall -- touchdown regal." Which, while contrived, at least makes some sense since "regal" connotes royalty/king, etc.

Record was set in 2007. Can find references to the touchdown beagle from earlier than 2007

14 minutes ago, Y2C said:

It's not Cuthbert or Suitor.

Cuthbert has been mentioned, but Suitor is clearly saying "Oh baby!" as the catch is made.

The "oh no" comment had to have been picked up from in the stands or on the sideline.

Great. You just undermined 12 pages of Suitor rants... 

1 hour ago, Y2C said:

It's not Cuthbert or Suitor.

Cuthbert has been mentioned, but Suitor is clearly saying "Oh baby!" as the catch is made.

The "oh no" comment had to have been picked up from in the stands or on the sideline.

It might have been Taman dropping his Subway sandwich by accident...

Duthie is a very poor man's Ron Maclean. I don't like all the goofy, gimmicky things Duthie tries to do to be funny. He's half way between Strombo and Mac. 

Hodge has been an angry, bitter old man for a long time. In theory I should relate to that, but I don't. Have never been a fan. I personally find him boring. 

Maclean, Mackenzie, Friedman, Cuthbert, Ferraro... That's a group of broadcasters worth their salaries and then some.