2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

54 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Rod Black will be sad. This was his biggest star when he was the starting QB for the Riders! Air Canada was said at least a 100 friggin times every stinkin game. Ol Rod really thought they had a star. Air Canada, what a joke. 

Yeah he was more like Swoop

On 2020-03-05 at 3:48 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

I'll go you one better. Without the rouge, Saskatchewan does not put a returner in the end zone in the Grey Cup against Montreal, and then their 12 on the line to block the kick is legal, and we are deprived of the greatest bonehead penalty in sports history that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyone want to dump the rouge now?

Forget the Rouge. That's not the most important thing here. DO YOU SEE ALL THE PEOPLE???

17 hours ago, J5V said:

You may have failed to get the FG but you didn't fail to get the ball through the end zone. It's not nothing. You still hit it with enough power to get it through. 1 point. Had you been more accurate, 3 points.

Because one is a scoring play and one isn't.

The scoring play is a result of driving the ball and getting good enough field position to attempt to score. You still have to snap it, block, hold it, spin away the laces, and then kick it with enough power and accuracy to score. If anything goes wrong you get 0 points or worse.

The kick off isn't a scoring play. It's an obligation to put the ball in play by kicking it to the other team. It is actually a scoring play for the other team. HUGE difference.

I completely disagree with your "give them a consolation point for trying but failing" or that the drive itself matters without finishing it off. If you give it away or miss the FG, the drive doesn't mean anything. "Look at that poor kicker who just missed a 10 yard FG. He must feel horrible. We'll give him a point so he and his team feels better".

Kick offs are scoring plays if the ball is kicked into the end zone and the returner can't bring it out. Same thing as a punt and a missed FG.

The rules should be the same no matter how or when the ball gets kicked into the end zone (Missed FG, KO, Punt). 1 point if you don't return it out of the end zone. 0 points if it's kicked through the end zone without being touched. (Alternatively, 1 point for all kicks into the end zone that aren't returned out of the end zone.) I don't think the change would make the CFL any less Canadian, just more consistent.

21 hours ago, Firekid said:

Rod Black will be sad. This was his biggest star when he was the starting QB for the Riders! Air Canada was said at least a 100 friggin times every stinkin game. Ol Rod really thought they had a star. Air Canada, what a joke. 

Air Canada was a nickname from college was it not? Black is just a guy who loves to use players nicknames that's all.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Air Canada was a nickname from college was it not? Black is just a guy who loves to use players nicknames that's all.

Among other reasons, Suitor and Black are terrible broadcasters for being unoriginal and repetitive. Air Canada (also used with Sasky receivers-Getzlaf & Fantuz), Speedy B, etc., are shite names because those two morons think they are clever when everyone can see that they aren't. Even Chris Cuthbert deserves a rap on the knuckles for referring to Milt as "Milt Stegall the Touchdown Beagle."

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Among other reasons, Suitor and Black are terrible broadcasters for being unoriginal and repetitive. Air Canada (also used with Sasky receivers-Getzlaf & Fantuz), Speedy B, etc., are shite names because those two morons think they are clever when everyone can see that they aren't. Even Chris Cuthbert deserves a rap on the knuckles for referring to Milt as "Milt Stegall the Touchdown Beagle."

This had to be the worst, most embarrassing, unprofessional fan boyz interview on any television network  anywhere. It was so bad that it actually became inspiring. We also know that Black & Suitor can actually do so much worse if they really try. 

See the source image

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I think his actual quote, when Stegall set the record for career touchdowns, was "Milt Stegall -- touchdown regal." Which, while contrived, at least makes some sense since "regal" connotes royalty/king, etc.

21 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I've never understood the apparent love by some for Chris Cuthbert. He's simply not the worst of a bad lot. I was through with Cuthbert when he cried out "Oh No!" when Milt scored the miracle TD against the Shmoes. Nothing he's said since has given me pause to change my mind. 

37 minutes ago, J5V said:

I've never understood the apparent love by some for Chris Cuthbert. He's simply not the worst of a bad lot. I was through with Cuthbert when he cried out "Oh No!" when Milt scored the miracle TD against the Shmoes. Nothing he's said since has given me pause to change my mind. 

Pretty sure it was Suitor that said that.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

There will be no CC slander on this thread.