2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

12 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

Fair but we can still appreciate the origins of the game but change rules that don’t apply as much to football. If it wasn’t for changing rules we wouldn’t have the game we love today. 

That was my second point in the post you quoted. The entire point of football, is to get the ball into the endzone. Missing a field goal still does that.

7 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

Obviously you hope for 7 but when you go to kick a field goal, the drive technically isn’t over. But why should missing a kick give a point? I find it silly. 

Because the entire point of football is to get the ball into the end zone. Missing the field goal does that.

14 hours ago, Jacquie said:

It's Larry and his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl. 

Yes but I was referring to the family from Sask. .. Both families are related.....in more ways than one...A lot of Darryl's but we're having trouble getting the one we're interested in (apparently) to sign on the dotted line

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm not necessarily in favour of removing the rouge... but this is a terrible analogy... the equivalent would be giving a team automatic points for dropping a TD pass...

Thank you. People come up with some pretty terrible analogies. And even worse are people that accept them as logical proof.

"YASSSSSSS"

I like the single points as they make things interesting. I also like the run backs from the end zone on missed FG's. You'd lose both if a missed FG didn't result in any points. Personally, I wouldn't want to lose either, but I understand the idea that missing a FG being seen as rewarding failure, especially when it happens on a 20 yard try.

I'd change the rule to no point if the ball goes through the end zone without being touched. That keeps the run backs and the 1 point while eliminating the point for shorter missed FG's.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like the single points as they make things interesting. I also like the run backs from the end zone on missed FG's. You'd lose both if a missed FG didn't result in any points. Personally, I wouldn't want to lose either, but I understand the idea that missing a FG being seen as rewarding failure, especially when it happens on a 20 yard try.

I'd change the rule to no point if the ball goes through the end zone without being touched. That keeps the run backs and the 1 point while eliminating the point for shorter missed FG's.

There is some point there. The point is not for missing a field goal by the way. The point is for not allowing the opposition to take the ball out of their endzone. When you look at it this way you are not rewarding failure.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Because the entire point of football is to get the ball into the end zone. Missing the field goal does that.

So going by that logic, can a team bomb a throw into the end zone? The ball made it into the end zone right? I saw someone talk about only single point if the player receives the missed field goal in the end zone and doesn’t return it out and I agree with that, but one that misses and goes right through, I find it silly to reward them with a point.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I was thinking that it could be a single point if the ball lands in play. So the punter could dribble the ball over the goaline and go through the endzone, but the ball would have to touch at some point.  It could really add some fun moments.