2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I mean its kind of funny to see bizarro world...  where Rider fans are now talking about ZC's injury history and how there's no one behind him - its like we flipped 2018 and 2019 ZC threads

Priderville:  Like squawking about teams cheating the cap.....where the sense of irony goes to die.

On 2020-02-26 at 6:16 PM, Dirty30 said:

Lol must have. That’s the best. Btw you can disregard all my posts today as I've been on hydromorphine in the ER all day with an intestinal infection waiting to see if I need surgery. 

Yikes! Best wishes, man!

On 2020-02-27 at 10:39 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

Premature Power Rankings are here: https://www.cfl.ca/2020/02/27/way-early-power-rankings/

1. HAM
2. WPG
3. SSK
4. CGY
5. EDM
6. MTL
7. BC
8. TOR
9. OTT

These do seem to check out, even if only on paper. There could be some variability from 3 through 6, IMO.

Being defending champs and having thoroughly manhandled the Cats in the Grey Cup I'd have us at #1 and SSK at #6 or #7 behind CGY, EDM and MTL. I seriously doubt SSK will be able to reproduce their smoke and mirrors show from last year and they are definitely a worse team this year with all the departures. The longer it drifts from the Chris Jones era the lower they will sink.

Four XFL ideas the CFL should adopt
By Josh Smith -  

1)  Kickoffs - The rule, which sees the coverage and return teams line up five yards from one another on the receiving team’s 35 and 30-yard lines, respectively, is the future of kickoffs in football. 
I reject this one.

2) Converts - removes the kickers. Teams scrimmage from the three, five, or 10-yard line depending on if they want to go for one, two or three (yes, three) points after scoring a touchdown.                                                Again, I reject this.
3) Double forward pass - The gist is that if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage it can be thrown again, whether the first pass was forward or a lateral. 
I double object to this one too.
4) Transparency- One of the things a lot of CFL fans have complained about is the lack of transparency with most things, but especially with officiating and replay reviews. The XFL opened the door for the CFL to walk through by putting the replay booth on TV, allowing fans to see what goes into making a decision. You might not always agree with the call, but at least we will know why the call was made. It does appear the league is looking into it, which is good. 
I wouldn’t object to this

These rules were introduced, IMO, because the NFL has some boring rules and ideas, and these changes try to overcome them. 
Gimmicky. 
The CFL has flaws but these measures won’t improve our game.

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/01/four-xfl-ideas-the-cfl-should-adopt/

Edited by Mr Dee

36 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Four XFL ideas the CFL should adopt
By Josh Smith -  

1)  Kickoffs - The rule, which sees the coverage and return teams line up five yards from one another on the receiving team’s 35 and 30-yard lines, respectively, is the future of kickoffs in football. 
I reject this one.

2) Converts - removes the kickers. Teams scrimmage from the three, five, or 10-yard line depending on if they want to go for one, two or three (yes, three) points after scoring a touchdown.                                                Again, I reject this.
3) Double forward pass - The gist is that if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage it can be thrown again, whether the first pass was forward or a lateral. 
I double object to this one too.
4) Transparency- One of the things a lot of CFL fans have complained about is the lack of transparency with most things, but especially with officiating and replay reviews. The XFL opened the door for the CFL to walk through by putting the replay booth on TV, allowing fans to see what goes into making a decision. You might not always agree with the call, but at least we will know why the call was made. It does appear the league is looking into it, which is good. 
I wouldn’t object to this

These rules were introduced, IMO, because the NFL has some boring rules and ideas, and these changes try to overcome them. 
Gimmicky. 
The CFL has flaws but these measures won’t improve our game.

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/01/four-xfl-ideas-the-cfl-should-adopt/

Good points. With the video review the CFL would have to move it into the booth rather than have a control centre in Toronto. 

On 2020-02-29 at 1:50 PM, Booch said:

Funny how they are squawking..and not sure how they think they should be favorites seeing as they lost more talent than got in free agency

They are an older team

Sure they resigned some of their guys..but they are aging guys on downside..and guys who couldn't get it done last yr....

They are squawking because they feel like they have the best QB since Tom Brady in Fajardo now. Lol. 

I try and stay reasonable over there, but it's hard to read so much nonsense and delusion without responding. Especially since they usually combat facts from entering their safe space by banning whoever dares disagree that the riders are the best team ever to grace a football field. It really just turns into a rider circle jerk and if dare disrupt that you get cast aside! Lol...its actually fascinating in a sick kinda way....

That being said, there are some quality posters over there, just hard to hear them through all the nonsense sometimes. 

12 hours ago, Zontar said:

Don't drink, don't smoke, what do ya do??

Is this Trudeau in another 'get up'///.....Don't smoke is a very good rule to follow....but then it depends on what kind of smoke....For instance I like smoking fish....chuckle chuckle...................................Is there any news on Derel yet

I would take none of the gameplay rules from the XFL.  Special teams are a significant part of the Canadian game and should remain so, including PAT’s.

I do like the officiating transparency and having more players mic’d up with the play caller to speed up the game and offer teams a better opportunity to use tempo.

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Is this Trudeau in another 'get up'///.....Don't smoke is a very good rule to follow....but then it depends on what kind of smoke....For instance I like smoking fish....chuckle chuckle...................................Is there any news on Derel yet

Which Derel is it you're referring to, Sir?

b75ecb26093c2124bf3da5e15f662166.jpg

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I don't mind the change to point after attempts.

The fact is that the 1 point convert is the least interesting play in a football game... generally speaking it only ever gets missed due to the kicker making a mistake (rather than a player on the opposing team making a play).

I don't know about 3 point attempts (I think that's too much) - but maybe something like kicking a 1 point should be the equivalent of a 45 yard field goal  OR standard 2 point rules OR 1 point attempts from the 1 yard line

(I.E. two different ways to go for a 1 pt attempt, kick a 45 yard field goal OR goal line sneak (unreviewable))

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I have no idea who these people are but they look like (L-R): young Seth Meyers, young Jack Black, and young Simon Pegg... 

You don't know who these people are??????Why it's Daryl.his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl.....They're from a family with no imagination and live in Sask.