2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Premature Power Rankings are here: https://www.cfl.ca/2020/02/27/way-early-power-rankings/

1. HAM
2. WPG
3. SSK
4. CGY
5. EDM
6. MTL
7. BC
8. TOR
9. OTT

These do seem to check out, even if only on paper. There could be some variability from 3 through 6, IMO.

Personally I see it as:
1: WPG - Champs should always be #1 before the damn season starts. Especially when the entire team is retained.

2: Ham - Could make a case for #1, but at the end of the day they aren't the champs.

3: CGY - Still have the making of a contender, though they have a lot of holes on O right now.

4: SSK - Can't justify Edm or MTL being ahead of them right now. 

5: EDM - EDM and MTL could be swapped at this time and I'd be fine with it. But Harris embarrassed them in the play offs, so here we are.

6: MTL - See above

7: BC 

8: TO

9: OTT

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Personally I see it as:
1: WPG - Champs should always be #1 before the damn season starts. Especially when the entire team is retained.

2: Ham - Could make a case for #1, but at the end of the day they aren't the champs.

3: CGY - Still have the making of a contender, though they have a lot of holes on O right now.

5: EDM - EDM and MTL could be swapped at this time and I'd be fine with it. But Harris embarrassed them in the play offs, so here we are.

that's how I would draw it up too..and basically for same reasons

“There have been critics and there most certainly have been cynics. But Randy Ambrosie will not stop dreaming big about growing the Canadian Football League across this country and beyond.”

Hey, I know a certain someone who fits that description...

Read more:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/27/randys-road-trip-stops-winnipeg-2

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The whole idea of the top team picking their opponent is ridiculous... but I do like W1 and E1 getting the top two spots and then rank 3-6 as they lie... 

I think EVERYONE is on board with this..... everything I've read online suggests people like this.  The whole "1st picks opponent" thing was Wade's idea, and he's really beating the drum for it, but I can't see it ever being a thing. This idea that we need a circus to draw attention goes against everything I believe in as a Canadian. Just be cool, man....keep it low key.

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think EVERYONE is on board with this..... everything I've read online suggests people like this.  The whole "1st picks opponent" thing was Wade's idea, and he's really beating the drum for it, but I can't see it ever being a thing. This idea that we need a circus to draw attention goes against everything I believe in as a Canadian. Just be cool, man....keep it low key.

Wade has been watching too much XFL.

On 2020-02-27 at 9:39 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

Premature Power Rankings are here: https://www.cfl.ca/2020/02/27/way-early-power-rankings/

1. HAM
2. WPG
3. SSK
4. CGY
5. EDM
6. MTL
7. BC
8. TOR
9. OTT

These do seem to check out, even if only on paper. There could be some variability from 3 through 6, IMO.

Really don't care about power rankings. They can put the Bombers at the bottom all they want. It's meaningless for me. 

Besides, it's not how you start... but how you finish. 

If Edmonton Eskimos president Chris Presson gets his way there could be a new wrinkle to the CFL on TSN broadcasts this season.

If you’ve watched any of the XFL games, or an AAF game last season before they folded, odds are you’ve noticed those leagues have handled video replay differently from a broadcast perspective.

Unlike the current set up for the CFL and NFL where broadcasts generally go to commercial breaks, in the XFL you can hear the conversation between the official on the field and the video replay official.

In Presson’s mind, giving the viewers the chance to hear the conversation brings a breath of honesty to video review.

Presson can push for change because he’s a part of the CFL’s innovation committee, the same group that’s looking at potentially changing the CFL playoff format.

https://3downnation.com/2020/02/29/eskimos-president-chris-presson-in-favour-of-xfl-style-video-replay/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think the CFL could try this..at least in pre-season.

On 2020-02-27 at 10:45 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Personally I see it as:

Never a truer line. Don't see the complexity in arguing that until the teams hit the field.

13 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s hilarious seeing rider fans cry that we’re in the top 2 in a meaningless power ranking. One poster is adimate just because Calgary went 6-12 the year after they won in 2001 we don’t deserve to be number two. The delusion is real!

They also think if they had a healthy Fajardo they win the GC...

41 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s hilarious seeing rider fans cry that we’re in the top 2 in a meaningless power ranking. One poster is adimate just because Calgary went 6-12 the year after they won in 2001 we don’t deserve to be number two. The delusion is real!

?? Adamant...?