2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Forget Jones...the CFL is going to have a hard time signing draft picks at that mandated contract. A guy won’t be a free agent for 3 years and basically has to take the minimum salary the whole time?  There are guys who will retire from football and guys who will exhaust any and all options outside of the CFL first at those numbers. 

An extremely stupid overreaction to a few draft picks being overpaid.

Top prospects should command a respectable salary. Half are going to be starters after a year any way, they should earn like it. We face a huge brain drain for the top prospects with the nfl every year, why make it worse? Imagine if the XFL starts going after top NI prospects that the nfl passes on. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Thats a real nice pick up for them. The offense will really hinge on how much VAJ can do now that every one has ample film on him but they wont lack for weapons.

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats a real nice pick up for them. The offense will really hinge on how much VAJ can do now that every one has ample film on him but they wont lack for weapons.

Lol that’s what I’m going to call him from now. Pronounced as you see it. Strong dislike for the guy since his ***** headbutt  on Bighill. 

6 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Lol that’s what I’m going to call him from now. Pronounced as you see it. Strong dislike for the guy since his ***** headbutt  on Bighill. 

Did you miss that this was a thing this past summer? Milt and Dunigan (laughing) talked about it on a pre-game show on TSN.....

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Did you miss that this was a thing this past summer? Milt and Dunigan (laughing) talked about it on a pre-game show on TSN.....

Lol must have. That’s the best. Btw you can disregard all my posts today as I've been on hydromorphine in the ER all day with an intestinal infection waiting to see if I need surgery. 

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Listen...just like any leader of any company. They should only focus on 1 thing and only 1 thing at a time until it is completely resolved to the liking of every fan/customer across the country. Obviously!

Honestly though. Some people have absolutely no vision of the future. But will gladly complain when the future doesnt turn out as bright and shiney as they want it to be.

You joke, but the CFL has extremely limited resources.  They don't have a legal department, they have a couple lawyers on retainer.  Their finance department is three people.

There's a limit on the amount of work a limited staff can do on that side of things to both operate a league and manage initiatives.  They are really stretched.  Ambition is fine but if there aren't resources to manage them those resources come from somewhere else.

Teams are also really stretched and nobody wants to put resources into CFL 2.0.  

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Lol must have. That’s the best. Btw you can disregard all my posts today as I've been on hydromorphine in the ER all day with an intestinal infection waiting to see if I need surgery. 

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you get some good news and get better real soon. 

3 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Be at peace. All will be well unless you have a perforated bowel.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You joke, but the CFL has extremely limited resources.  They don't have a legal department, they have a couple lawyers on retainer.  Their finance department is three people.

There's a limit on the amount of work a limited staff can do on that side of things to both operate a league and manage initiatives.  They are really stretched.  Ambition is fine but if there aren't resources to manage them those resources come from somewhere else.

Teams are also really stretched and nobody wants to put resources into CFL 2.0.  

Yeah that's how small companies operate every single day in every corner of the country. No risks taken, no gains made. Small staff/resources doesnt at all mean you cant do multiple things. It just means you need to work harder.

8 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Id put SSK 4th or 5th. Putting them ahead of CAL is dumb..

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yeah not just because over here we are all Rider haters, but they have lost some guys, and basically signed nobody, so a higher ranking seems odd

I agree, reading the article and they are questioning BLM's injury recovery? Did he not finish the season looking okay? I don't remember us beating them because he sucked.

and lost in all that is Fajardo oblique thing, and his apparent separated shoulder thing that was mentioned...could become an ongoing thing with him until surgically fixed if it was a bad one, and also who's to say he can withstand being a full-time starter...wasn't really able to last year, so history, albeit short says possibly not

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I do. He was god awful in the WSF

part of which though was due to the Bombers game plan and coaching...BLM said so himself that Bombers showed looks they did all year, so plays were called to combat that, and then at snap of ball the bombers switched things, and totally baffled them...that played into things big time as you could see nobody on their offense was on same page

Interesting that Fajardo and Maas get Sask bumped up but Edm doesn't really get a boost from Harris and Milanovich...

Calgary is still third even if BLM is healing - guy still knows how to win and so does Dickie

Every team has holes - I'd bump Montreal up to 5th in terms of Cdn content and continuity...  

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sask being ranked 3rd early on is insanity. That team could just as easily be a 5 win team this year...

Agreed. The Riders were the beneficiaries of a lot of happenstances last year, and are not likely to repeat such again. They have not improved one iota in the off-season and their resigning of Josiah St.John smacks of desperation.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Interesting that Fajardo and Maas get Sask bumped up but Edm doesn't really get a boost from Harris and Milanovich...

Calgary is still third even if BLM is healing - guy still knows how to win and so does Dickie

Every team has holes - I'd bump Montreal up to 5th in terms of Cdn content and continuity...  

Als. are going to be tuff this year....They're going to give Ham. all kinds of trouble