2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

13 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I liked hearing Irving on 680 this morning. Said it like it is. West will be tough. Calgary is always a tough team. Said Sask has a good team. BC will be better and Edmonton is in the mix. Bombers have a good chance to repeat but its not going to be easy!

Cant argue with that.

Irving is a homer. Can't argue with Sask media. Riders has no holes. They're the team to beat, LOL!

20 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I liked hearing Irving on 680 this morning. Said it like it is. West will be tough. Calgary is always a tough team. Said Sask has a good team. BC will be better and Edmonton is in the mix. Bombers have a good chance to repeat but its not going to be easy!

Cant argue with that.

I love Irving, he's a legend..

That said I do find it annoying how neutral he is on everything.

I'd like him to come out one time and say ' the riders will blow this year' or something like that.  Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

I love Irving, he's a legend..

That said I do find it annoying how neutral he is on everything.

I'd like him to come out one time and say ' the riders will blow this year' or something like that.  Lol. 

Irving is a professional....in fact, the consummate professional. Unarguably the very best at what he does...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Irving is a professional....in fact, the consummate professional. Unarguably the very best at what he does...

Not disagreeing with that at all...he's a legend for a reason..

But I do find him a little stale at times to be honest.  Obviously my comment was a little tongue in cheek though lol

28 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Not disagreeing with that at all...he's a legend for a reason..

But I do find him a little stale at times to be honest.  Obviously my comment was a little tongue in cheek though lol

For me, Bob doesn't have much of a sense of humour, and sometimes is a little too ready to compliment the other teams. I find he gets a bit too excited about Bo Levi Smith for instance. Bo doesn't need any help in feeling good about himself.

Doug helps in the humor department, but Bob is pretty dry.

I often listen to other teams games on the internet radio, and it's usually pretty good. Even Sask, I don't think the sask radio team is as "homerish" on gameday, as they otherwise are.

(29 year ban pending)

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

For me, Bob doesn't have much of a sense of humour, and sometimes is a little too ready to compliment the other teams. I find he gets a bit too excited about Bo Levi Smith for instance. Bo doesn't need any help in feeling good about himself.

I often listen to other teams games on the internet radio, and it's usually pretty good.

I'm curious which team's broadcast you like better than the Bombers. Also don't buy the "Irving doesn't have a sense of humour" thing. First, a PBP guy is supposed to be relatively serious. That's the gig. Second, if you listen to the pre-game stuff with Irving/Brown/Tait, they're spending that whole time joking around, and it's fabulous. 

I personally don't get the need for a PBP guy to be "zany". The colour guy can be loud and brash and opinionated (but don't go over the top...because you lose credibility) but the PBP guy has to be "staid" for lack of a better term. 

I've listened to virtually every other broadcast team in the CFL, and it's actually embarrassing how bad some of them are. Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal....just God awful. 

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I often listen to other teams games on the internet radio, and it's usually pretty good. Even Sask, I don't think the sask radio team is as "homerish" on gameday, as they otherwise are.

(29 year ban pending)

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious which team's broadcast you like better than the Bombers. Also don't buy the "Irving doesn't have a sense of humour" thing. First, a PBP guy is supposed to be relatively serious. That's the gig. Second, if you listen to the pre-game stuff with Irving/Brown/Tait, they're spending that whole time joking around, and it's fabulous. 

I personally don't get the need for a PBP guy to be "zany". The colour guy can be loud and brash and opinionated (but don't go over the top...because you lose credibility) but the PBP guy has to be "staid" for lack of a better term. 

I've listened to virtually every other broadcast team in the CFL, and it's actually embarrassing how bad some of them are. Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal....just God awful. 

guess I overstated what I think, or misrepresented myself.

I don't like zany either, don't like it at all, and I don't like other broadcasts better than the Bombers. I think Doug is excellent, and bob is really good at the play by play. Probably the best at it.

I think pregame, and Ed Tait is outstanding, by far the best league wide.

I agree that one or two of the broadcasts are not very good.

so we probably agree on most of it.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I thought TO just did the TSN feed? 

That is what they did last year 

last time I listened to them they had that Mike Hogan guy doing it...and he was awful. Most of the East ones I've heard were via SiriusXM....

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Listened to the Labour Day game between the Ticats and the Argos this year on our drive back from Regina. That was painful. It was Marshall Ferguson and he's such a homer. But Ticat fans love him and will threaten to fight you if you dare suggest he is one. 

Most of the time I couldn't figure out what was going on the field because they were so wrapped up in the after the play shenanigans. 

He's not a bad follow on Twitter but he whines when people disagree with him and goes after teams. 

Just now, Noeller said:

last time I listened to them they had that Mike Hogan guy doing it...and he was awful. Most of the East ones I've heard were via SiriusXM....

Ah. 

I listened through Iheart a few times at the gym and it was on their TSN TO station.

Live feed direct from TV for the actual game.

TSN carries BC, Hamilton, and Montreal as well and they don't use the TV feed 

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Every media person in Sad-skatchewan plays into what that delusional fan base wants to hear.

Their biggest fear is the Bombers winning a Cup in IGF West

The Riders media toes the line is all. The RIders are the only game in town and any sportscaster that doesn't blow sunshine up their arse gets blackballed by the club. There is literally one sport to report on in Saskatchewan, either you kiss Rider butt or you don't work. Ask Rod Pedersen...one slip up in 20 years and he gets to walk the unemployment line.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ftr, I fully respect everyone's opinion and taste when it comes to the broadcasting of a CFL game, but I'm bored and I could discuss this topic all day. Ha ha. As you were....

Id tune in the hear a lubed up **** Rivers call a game. 

Edit: haha his first name got deleted.

"Richard" 

Edited by Dodge and Burn

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I further should add in my defence regarding my ill considered post, I watch the game, but have radio play by play on, instead of the TSN play by play. even with lag.

---- Bob is the greatest broadcaster in world sports history. ✌️

We'll just forget that first post.......claim temporary insanity or something along those lines ...kidding  LOL........Takes a big man to back track and retract and you did...welcome back

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Cant argue with that.

Wait.. you mean he didn't say that Collaros is primed for a 5000 yard season, Jefferson 18 sacks and Harris 1100 on the ground? All while we get 15 wins and the Riders get 0.

I'm confused because those are what I want to hear.

Edited by Dr Zaius