2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

20 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So what does that make us.....???.....What a '****' article

Like what kind of culture has O'Shea created? Plus we beat the Ti Cats to a pulp in the GC. Just so much Eastern CFL media bullshit.  One of the reasons I don't read 3DN much anymore. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Like what kind of culture has O'Shea created? Plus we beat the Ti Cats to a pulp in the GC. Just so much Eastern CFL media bullshit.  One of the reasons I don't read 3DN much anymore. 

Perceptions can be different.  Always thought cfl media under/downplayed HAM. Simoni Lawrence is Satan overshadowed wins.  Declared the division "wide open" when Masoli went down. Then it was "look out here comes Vernon Adams ". Then it was Ti CAT killer Trevor Harris. 

Never really got around to talking about them until GC week.

Edited by Zontar

Loss of Strev..Nichols and the 2 DB's aside I actually think we are gonna be a stronger team to be honest

And the fact that we can basically start the season intact and not having to incorporate new coaching staff and starters gives us a nice edge.

Johnson at halfback being a very good vet will make us not skip a there as well with incorporating either a new guy in..or one with slightly less experience..from all accounts he is very knowledgeable and a great communicator on the field...boundary corner I'm not even concerned with..eAsiest spot on the defence to groom a newbie..

10 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Perceptions can be different.  Always thought cfl media under/downplayed HAM. Simoni Lawrence is Satan overshadowed wins.  Declared the division "wide open" when Masoli went down. Then it was "look out here comes Vernon Adams ". Then it was Ti CAT killer Trevor Harris. 

Never really got around to talking about them until GC week.

You have a really good team that may bordering on great but what the hell is Dunk thinking with that article? He's proclaiming Hamilton the champs in February. There is one other team that can run with the Cats & they're the Bombers. And we can't sell the Stamps short. I'd love to see a rematch of our 2 teams again in the GC. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have a really good team that may bordering on great but what the hell is Dunk thinking with that article? He's proclaiming Hamilton the champs in February. There is one other team that can run with the Cats & they're the Bombers. And we can't sell the Stamps short. I'd love to see a rematch of our 2 teams again in the GC. 

It's click bait, imo. Who takes it seriously? 

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

Loss of Strev..Nichols and the 2 DB's aside I actually think we are gonna be a stronger team to be honest

And the fact that we can basically start the season intact and not having to incorporate new coaching staff and starters gives us a nice edge.

Johnson at halfback being a very good vet will make us not skip a there as well with incorporating either a new guy in..or one with slightly less experience..from all accounts he is very knowledgeable and a great communicator on the field...boundary corner I'm not even concerned with..eAsiest spot on the defence to groom a newbie..

On paper, you still have to give the TiCats that edge with Masoli/Evans duo

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You realize they write these type of articles so people see the headline, get curious or angry and click on it. That's all they need. One click and they've made their money off you. If you dont like the headline....DONT CLICK THE LINK!

Edited by Bigblue204

I’m not as opposed, as some, to bloggers, new writers, opinion givers, or even media writers. It’s not an easy task. Some get get it right, and some wrong. That’s when we can have fun roasting. A lot of it is opinion and if you don’t like it...move on.

I like to read all information that’s put out there involving the CFL, especially now in the down times. 

I can read it and decide for myself what’s relevant...just like in high school.

Ha!

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I assume you're referring to Pierce taking over for Lapo. Likely a HUGE upgrade. I can't wait to see what he has cooked up for us on offense.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Their playmakers were totally intimidated. 

Our D last season was the embodiment of exactly what I had hoped for in an O'Shea/Hall defense. Quick, strong, intimidating,  with a hell-bent-for-leather attitude and you know what? It's going to be even better this year! Teams didn't want to play us last year because of our defense and this year will be no different.

Add to that an offense with a Buck Pierce-sized set of gonads and it's going to be a very good year. I can't friggin' wait.

I have no problem if the media calls Hamilton a super team.   They have great players,  great coaching and made a lot of good moves in the off season.  

What I have an issue with is when Taylor claims that the Riders are a super team despite them losing a lot of good players and doing nothing to replace them.  Signing Maas was a good move but nobody outside of Taylor thinks that the crap they signed will make them a better team this season.

Folks around here are assuming that we're going to see the defence that played the last 4 or 5 games this year, rather than the one that showed up for the rest of the season. This is after losing 2 great DB's, who were the strength of the D and half the D line that allowed the DB's to cover tight for very short periods of time and not worry about the deep ball because it took too much time.

Folks are also assuming that Buck will be as good or better than PLAP. He'll do all the good things AND change things so the receivers will be able to get open deep AND open up the playbook AND make all the right decisions when we're ahead or behind. Collaros will play most of the games and the raw McGuire will have no problems coming in and playing when he has to. Heck, he'll be better than Streveler.

The ironic part is no one sees themselves being just like Rider fans.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Folks around here are assuming that we're going to see the defence that played the last 4 or 5 games this year, rather than the one that showed up for the rest of the season. This is after losing 2 great DB's, who were the strength of the D and half the D line that allowed the DB's to cover tight for very short periods of time and not worry about the deep ball because it took too much time.

Folks are also assuming that Buck will be as good or better than PLAP. He'll do all the good things AND change things so the receivers will be able to get open deep AND open up the playbook AND make all the right decisions when we're ahead or behind. Collaros will play most of the games and the raw McGuire will have no problems coming in and playing when he has to. Heck, he'll be better than Streveler.

The ironic part is no one sees themselves being just like Rider fans.

Jesus you're a downer.