2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Marcel seems like he's back to being the disaster that he was in Hamilton.

As an HC here he wasn't gangbusters but not a disaster. His interim record from 2008 train wreck drags down his overall record. Franchise was in the depths of despair prior to him. Made playoffs 09-11. Restored respectability here.

He didn't do it alone by any means but he earned a fair share of the credit for the turnaround., imo.

As a coordinator elsewhere?  I'll leave that to others for comment.

None of Lapo's guys followed him. Besides flanders which doesn't count

I honestly think that says something about players faith in him. 

I stand by my prediction that Ottawa continues to be a dumpster fire under Lapo. X's and O's are great but it means nothing since he doesn't have a set of testicles.

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

None of Lapo's guys followed him

I stand by my prediction that Ottawa continues to be a dumpster fire under Lapo.

Not getting the Arbuckle love. Not at all. Adequate QB ? Sure. But franchise saving level QB ?

Just now, Zontar said:

Not getting the Arbuckle love. Not at all. Adequate QB ? Sure. But franchise saving level QB ?

Seems like a poor man's Trevor Harris to me, but I would rather gamble on magic beans than have Nichols, MBT, Fajardo, Davis, Jennings.

"Mad scientist" Lapo should be able to turn him into a 5000 yard guy ;)

Edited by Dr Zaius

54 minutes ago, Mark F said:

interview

"“Coach LaPo’s philosophy is that we’re not going to invest a lot of money in receivers."

Is this true? sounds odd to me.

Which also lends to the notion receivers here under performed..and many failed based on the Lapo scheme...and was pretty obvious

Many a game I watched exclusively routes..route progressions and watched QB's primary looks..and things were not set up for high end receiver performances...and garuantee you this year the look and use of guys will be blatantly obvious

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Hal Sigurdson was a calmer, more rational counter to Matheson's ranting.

Sigurdson was a good journalist but Matty loved to get gritty sometimes. Yet he kept his relationships intact which is something Paul Wiecek could never do. He was just a smart alecky, hack, mean spirited journalist.

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Which also lends to the notion receivers here under performed..and many failed based on the Lapo scheme...and was pretty obvious

Many a game I watched exclusively routes..route progressions and watched QB's primary looks..and things were not set up for high end receiver performances...and garuantee you this year the look and use of guys will be blatantly obvious

So glad Lapo's gone. 

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

None of Lapo's guys followed him. Besides flanders which doesn't count

I stand by my prediction that Ottawa continues to be a dumpster fire under Lapo. X's and O's are great but it means nothing since he doesn't have a set of testicles.

Tina took them.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I seem to remember him panicking on the sidelines in late game 4th quarter key situations when he was Bombers HC that cost us some victories. 

up by 3 with 11 minutes left in the game?

Obvious run up the middle for 2-3 yards.
5 yard succesful curl
3rd and 3
punt

Repeat until the game inevitably was lost

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

up by 3 with 11 minutes left in the game?

Obvious run up the middle for 2-3 yards.
5 yard succesful curl
3rd and 3
punt

Repeat until the game inevitably was lost

And other times as well. Punted when we should have gone for it. Gone for it when we should have punted. I remember this place going crazy after some games when LaPo was HC. Well, the other place but you know what I mean.