2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We are making some pretty big assumptions here. Until some actual informatiomation comes out staring otherwise, safe to assume the dog was being used in an authorized/legal way. 

I havent seen any actual report stating the dog was used outside of  what it is legally intended for as of yet. 

Cops are pretty aware of what the procedure is to follow, particularly special units.

You'd be shocked how often Cops make constitutional errors which can allow guilty individuals get off, it's one of the reasons the law system is perceived as being biased against the poor in the US.  Since errors by cops can get people off, good (read:expensive) lawyers are far more likely to discover and exploit those errors.

Poor people can't afford the lawyers who have the resources to find the errors.

My post was based on the news article which explicitly states that a border agent called ahead to the checkstop to pull their car over because his dog signalled when it passed by him.  Unless the news report is almost entirely incorrect about the sequence of events it surely sounds like these guys will have a shot at getting off (EVEN IF they consented to the search, if the reason they were asked was due to the dog signalling the entire chain of evidence could end up being tossed)

These dogs are generally not just out for walks.And if they are in public space, I will assume this follows law. 

I will have to re-read this news article, but the actual release by the DOJ doesn't mention anything about phoning ahead. 

Not sure where they are getting that from. Where would the dog smell the weed? Did they stick him out the window on the highway? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1230310952001843201?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-10062135951848900006.ampproject.net%2F2002200031230%2Fframe.html

Edited by Geebrr

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd be fine adding Tasker at a nice discount in the low 6 figures.  Veteran guy that has experience in two very different styles of offense in his CFL career, knows how to find open space and catch the ball.

Tasker will retire before he has to leave Ontario.

Tasker seems like another Dressler.....Great 'little' receivers' but I think we're looking for a little more size....Tasker has a few miles left I would imagine but not the right fit..We can stop looking in any event as we are supposedly (rumour) going to announce Walker on Monday...I hope the poster is right and he is quite credible

Edited by Stickem

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Tasker seems like another Dressler.....Great 'little' receivers' but I think we're looking for a little more size....Tasker has a few miles left I would imagine but not the right fit..We can stop looking in any event as we are supposedly (rumour) going to announce Walker on Monday...I hope the poster is right and he is quite credible

Who said that?

20 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What does Tasker bring that we don't ready have though? 

A lot.  The comparison to Dressler was valid in terms of that reliable, consistent veteran safety-valve for the QB.  Tasker is a bit thicker than Dressler and slower though. A guy who is a technician and can keep the chains moving.  Adams can be that guy too but he disappears for a long time every season.  

If you’re going to have a receiving group without that game in game out #1 guy who can still win against a lot of attention from a D like a Walker then we could really use another guy in that 2-3 range so that between all those guys we have someone getting it done all the time.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

A lot.  The comparison to Dressler was valid in terms of that reliable, consistent veteran safety-valve for the QB.  A guy who is a technician and can keep the chains moving.  Adams can be that guy too but he disappears for a long time every season.  

If you’re going to have a receiving group without that game in game out #1 guy who can still win against a lot of attention from a D like a Walker then we could really use another guy in that 2-3 range so that between all those guys we have someone getting it done all the time.

I'd rather give Petermann a chance. I think Bailey can do similar things to Dressler as well, personally.