2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Great player, needed some time to develop, now definitely a top tier talent that needs an opportunity. 

At worst a quality back up that can play multiple positions if asked to do it on a short term.

Very happy with this signing.

How did I do?

I already saw a “if he sucks we just cut him so it’s a win win” as if that is how things work. 

“just sign everyone, if they suck, we’ll just cut them! It’s a cant lose!”

I honestly feel like the mental gymnastics those posters go through are just on a whole other level. Literally incapable of processing a thought other than “Riders amazing, Bombers bad” and it’s just so dumbfounding. 

I read comments about how we tied so much money up in Jefferson/Collaros ... as if that’s a bad thing. Should we not sign our best players?  It’s like sometimes they forget you can pay players six figures without it being a crippling cap move. The average active roster salary is six figures for crying out loud. 

I feel bad for the few that CAN generate an intelligent thought who are stuck there in that cesspool. Like give me a break, I know fans are all homers to some degree but most of the people here are at least capable of appreciating a good move even for the Riders (Shaq Evans, as an example) but Jesus are they dense over there.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I honestly feel like the mental gymnastics those posters go through are just on a whole other level. Literally incapable of processing a thought other than “Riders amazing, Bombers bad” and it’s just so dumbfounding. 

I read comments about how we tied so much money up in Jefferson/Collaros ... as if that’s a bad thing. Should we not sign our best players?  It’s like sometimes they forget you can pay players six figures without it being a crippling cap move. The average active roster salary is six figures for crying out loud. 

I feel bad for the few that CAN generate an intelligent thought who are stuck there in that cesspool. Like give me a break, I know fans are all homers to some degree but most of the people here are at least capable of appreciating a good move even for the Riders (Shaq Evans, as an example) but Jesus are they dense over there.

Yeah 180's abound there...and having any type of back and forth discussion there is near impossible...I often wonder if majority of posters there are teenagers or young immature adolescents still living at home with no real world experience...but sadly..some of the more active offenders there of the drivel are middle aged and older...which is basically just kinda sad...sure it's fine to support your team and all...but cmon man..some of the stuff posted there is just incredible in it's stupidly and lack of anything to support it

you can certainly tell that that CFL Headlines twitter fed is ran by a Rider fool...as per the post " Rider's scoop up St John on day 2 of free agency" 

Scooped up from under who's nose...nobody was gonna sign him...Next you will see "Riders land Big Fish in 2017 first overall Ekakite to shore up D-line"

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah 180's abound there...and having any type of back and forth discussion there is near impossible...I often wonder if majority of posters there are teenagers or young immature adolescents still living at home with no real world experience...but sadly..some of the more active offenders there of the drivel are middle aged and older...which is basically just kinda sad...sure it's fine to support your team and all...but cmon man..some of the stuff posted there is just incredible in it's stupidly and lack of anything to support it

It’s a weird cult mentality. So many people want to be in the know with alleged “insider” Rider_Stronson that they just start to emulate his personality in hopes that they’ll be noticed and allowed to sit at the cool kids table.

RDavidson is one of the worst, he loves to play some kind of pseudo-insider role as if he knows anything about anything, when in reality he just likes to shove his nose as far up BSD and R_S’ asses as possible.

I’ve posted on message boards online for various hobbies and interests for over 15 years and the only time I’ve ever encountered somebody less stable than the crew over there was when I had to deal with Nate. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

you can certainly tell that that CFL Headlines twitter fed is ran by a Rider fool...as per the post " Rider's scoop up St John on day 2 of free agency" 

Scooped up from under who's nose...nobody was gonna sign him...Next you will see "Riders land Big Fish in 2017 first overall Ekakite to shore up D-line"

Think CFL Headlines just copies and pastes the actual headline from articles ... but CFL_News is actually Rider_Stronson.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s a weird cult mentality. So many people want to be in the know with alleged “insider” Rider_Stronson that they just start to emulate his personality in hopes that they’ll be noticed and allowed to sit at the cool kids table.

RDavidson is one of the worst, he loves to play some kind of pseudo-insider role as if he knows anything about anything, when in reality he just likes to shove his nose as far up BSD and R_S’ asses as possible.

I’ve posted on message boards online for various hobbies and interests for over 15 years and the only time I’ve ever encountered somebody less stable than the crew over there was when I had to deal with Nate. 

yeah...they have a bunch of nut lickers...as they put it there who seem tjust hope to get approval of the guys you mentioned...and yeah there are a lot of "insiders" there for sure

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Think CFL Headlines just copies and pastes the actual headline from articles ... but CFL_News is actually Rider_Stronson.

ahhh...I knew it was one of them...either way....what a scoop job

2 minutes ago, JCon said:
5 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Bold prediction....Next Sackstenchewan signing will be....Sam Hurl!

They've already locked up Reaves! They can't let Hurl slip away.

JSJ, Reaves next will be Hurl so they can shore up their Cdn talent! It's a must sign on their FA board no doubt!

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gbill doesn't get an honorable mention? I think I will report his exclusion to the moderators.

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

You wanna talk 180's...yesterday the day started with them brutally slagging Solomon Elimimian suggesting he was too old and probably lost a step and praising Larry Dean for being the suprerior MLB that they should sign. By the end of the day Sol E had regained his position as best MLBer in the CFL and Hamilton way overpaying Larry Dean. It's just absolutely comical.

Must have been some real hard bargaining between the riders and St. Johns  agent....But miraculously rider brass prevailed sending their fans into fits of ecstasy when they knew they had him on the dotted line.....That organization has some serious shite on their face after this retread move....Can't help but laugh after the manure they dumped on St.John and cutting him AND now having to bring him back to the pen...Some serious crow eating taking place over there at the clown show  LOL   ,,LUV IT