2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

The problem is, for every player they gained, they seem to have lost one.

They gained Davaris Daniels, they lost SJ Green. They gained Juwan Brescacin, they lost Derel Walker. They gained TJ Jones, they lost Armanti Edwards. They gained Drake Nevis, they lost Cleyon Laing. They gained Tommie Campbell, they lost Jonathon Mincy. They gained Alex Bazzie, they lost Freddie Bishop. They gained Phil Blake, they lost Ryan Bomben. They gained Dariusz Bladek, they lost Sean McEwen.

It's great that they made a big splash but this is literally what happened to Edmonton last year and it didn't net them anything. They've shuffled around a lot of who they spend their dollars on, but I fail to see how they have a better roster today than it was before. That being said - I do think they have some strong areas on their roster, but in addition to all the losses I already mentioned, they still have to find a way to resign Frank Beltre, Davon Coleman, Tobi Antigha, Micah Awe, Jermaine Gabriel and Rodney Smith (or equal replacements)

That’s fair. I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion on who we believe is the better quality player. And I by no mean think they are a good team. But I just don’t believe they have taken a step back. Like I said if the east is still weak they could be a sleeper team claim that last spot and prevent the cross over. 

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Dinwiddie?

Yeah... But the other side of that.

Hard to imagine a more poorly coached season than what we had to suffer last season.

IDK if Dinwiddie is a top tier or even mid tier head coach... But mere competence will look a quantum leap forward by comparison. 

20 minutes ago, bluto said:

Hard to imagine a more poorly coached season than what we had to suffer last season.

IDK if Dinwiddie is a top tier or even mid tier head coach... But mere competence will look a quantum leap forward by comparison. 

Did you forget we lived through Reinbold, Daley and Burke? Thanks for triggering me. I need a juice box, play dough and my safe space now.

52 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Desperate for credibility they try to build a team through signing expensive FAs. Truly uncharted waters for the Argos

They don't have the luxury of a huge solid fan base that will continually watch the games thru thick and thin. They can't do the same process of rebuilding like the Bombers did. They need to be credible and relevant like right now. 

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

They don't have the luxury of a huge solid fan base that will continually watch the games thru thick and thin. They can't do the same process of rebuilding like the Bombers did. They need to be credible and relevant like right now. 

I mean ... they could do a proper rebuild. This just seems silly though. Unless their scouts can find an entirely brand new wealth of depth.

Giving almost a million dollars away for the combination of Matt Nichols, TJ Jones and Davaris Daniels is ridiculous.

15 hours ago, bluto said:

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh us bomber fans don't need to imagine it, we've lived through it before.

Yeah Bluto- feel for you, man. 

I think this season will be a much better season. 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I mean ... they could do a proper rebuild. This just seems silly though. Unless their scouts can find an entirely brand new wealth of depth.

Giving almost a million dollars away for the combination of Matt Nichols, TJ Jones and Davaris Daniels is ridiculous.

Add in MBT and its more like 1.2-1.3 million between those 4 guys.....Yikes.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

BREAKING: #Riders sign Canadian OL Josiah St. John 3downnation.com/2020/02/12/202… #Saskatchewan #CFL #CFLFA

hahahahaha I can’t wait to see them defend this.

Great player, needed some time to develop, now definitely a top tier talent that needs an opportunity. 

At worst a quality back up that can play multiple positions if asked to do it on a short term.

Very happy with this signing.

How did I do?