2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

15 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Makes sense, the mods there completely control the talk around there. If not them,  they have few well trained ankle biters that do thier bit to tow the line. 

Its been a butt hurt place since november...🤣

since

MatureIdolizedBongo-max-1mb.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Huff is making some nice moves in Free Agency...  right now I'd say Walters and Huff are tops for me - Ticats close behind

Toronto has really rebuilt their roster in a good way too..and BC has done fairly well...tho they seemed to ignore their biggest concern..O-line

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Toronto has really rebuilt their roster in a good way too..and BC has done fairly well...tho they seemed to ignore their biggest concern..O-line

BC's DL is going to be drastically improved...

I'm not sold on Bladek and Blake replacing McEwen and Bomben at all in TO

I think Junior Luke would be a pretty sweet consolation prize instead of Laing for us...  Chris Mulumba would be nice ST/LB depth too

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ignoring the signing of Nichols...  I'd say overall the Argos have taken a step back.    I'm assuming they make a few more signings...

48 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

How have they taken a step back? 

Well up until I wrote that post the additions to the team were Nichols ,  Nevis,  some crap Rider players and a whole lot of nothing.     They took a step back on the o-line and receiver (until now with Daniels).   I don't see any really big improvements by them.  They cut a lot of decent players and haven't really replaced them with much. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well up until I wrote that post the additions to the team were Nichols ,  Nevis,  some crap Rider players and a whole lot of nothing.     They took a step back on the o-line and receiver (until now with Daniels).   I don't see any really big improvements by them.  They cut a lot of decent players and haven't really replaced them with much. 

So Blake and blazdek, even though they are from sask, they are still capable starters. Then they got tj Jones, brescacin, Daniels, Nevis. For Toronto, this is a huge win for them. Take it easy on them they don’t get wins that often.

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

So Blake and blazdek, even though they are from sask, they are still capable starters. Then they got tj Jones, brescacin, Daniels, Nevis. For Toronto, this is a huge win for them. Take it easy on them they don’t get wins that often.

They also have two QBs who have won games in this league. That’s more than some teams can say. 

three offseasons running now the Riders look like a 3-15 team on paper and yet for the past two years we wind up having to play a playoff game out at IG Field West.

we always win those games so it's cool ... still, that team pulls rabbits out of their asses every year, gonna assume they keep doing it until I see otherwise.

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

They lost two better players on the o line, lost walker, sj green, Edwards at receiver and a few decent guys on defense. I don't see the improvement from last year.

What has TJ Jones done? 

They also got Tommie Campbell, Bo lokombo, and extend Shaq Richardson. Could be a sleeper team in the east.

The problem is, for every player they gained, they seem to have lost one.

They gained Davaris Daniels, they lost SJ Green. They gained Juwan Brescacin, they lost Derel Walker. They gained TJ Jones, they lost Armanti Edwards. They gained Drake Nevis, they lost Cleyon Laing. They gained Tommie Campbell, they lost Jonathon Mincy. They gained Alex Bazzie, they lost Freddie Bishop. They gained Phil Blake, they lost Ryan Bomben. They gained Dariusz Bladek, they lost Sean McEwen.

It's great that they made a big splash but this is literally what happened to Edmonton last year and it didn't net them anything. They've shuffled around a lot of who they spend their dollars on, but I fail to see how they have a better roster today than it was before. That being said - I do think they have some strong areas on their roster, but in addition to all the losses I already mentioned, they still have to find a way to resign Frank Beltre, Davon Coleman, Tobi Antigha, Micah Awe, Jermaine Gabriel and Rodney Smith (or equal replacements)

They lost Holmes, McEwen and Bomben.  At best Blake and Blazdek are equal to Holmes and Bomben, but probably a bit of a downgrade.  

They are scrambling fill holes in a terrible roster that lost most of its top players.