2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If we lose Willie, I hope we go after Davis, who would be a nice consolation imo. Suspect we leave it bringing back Roh to rotate with Jeffcoat and McCallister.

Chris Casher is super underrated... he's a WJ style pass rusher - would be a great signing

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Most of you want McGuire as the backup. Hoping he's at least as good as Streveler was last year after a few starts under his belt, not like most of the rest of the backup QB's we brought into the league between Brock in the mid 70's and Streveler a couple of years back.

He is a big boy with a live arm. He is not a mini Mac Truck like Streveler was. He reminds me of a Mike Reilly or a Don Jonas type although I know most of you never saw Jonas play.

What I don't know is if he is a good field general. I'm sure we'll find out.

2 hours ago, pw13 said:

I'm both an Argo fan and a fan of MBT. I believe he is going to end up as the No. 1 QB for Argos, despite being guaranteed about $133k less than Nichols (if reports are accurate). If I'm right, and with O'Connor developing nicely, 2020 might be Nichols' only year in Toronto. But I'm happy to have him for now as it's clear you need two viable QBs in this league. Argos had just one the past two years, and it wasn't the guy they handed the job to four times along the way (Franklin). 

But, but, Nichols is twice the QB MBT is!

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

MR with Walker and Burnham is a nice air attack. Too bad, they'll have to play 3 guys they scouted from the tailgate on the OL.

That and a defense reminiscent of the 2019/2020 Winnipeg Jets. Theyre gonna need all those receivers to help score 40 points a game to have any chance of winning.

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Like Dane Evans during his half time interview during Grey Cup horrified....

That was more of a "fudged his pants, get me the **** out of here, curled up in the fetal position, sucking his thumb" terrified.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

Chris Casher is super underrated... he's a WJ style pass rusher - would be a great signing

Nobody is like Jefferson.  His value is his ability to play the ball and disrupt passing lanes.  He's an average pass rusher in terms of consistently disrupting the pocket, he's not a motor guy.  When he's on he's the most impactful player in the league, but that's a few games a year.  Luckily one of those games was the Grey Cup.

Unpopular opinion here, but Jeffcoat is a significantly better player down after down, and a guy who also creates turnovers.  Obviously having them both would be great.

I like Casher too, he's a motor guy who finishes plays and has a bit of an edge.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nobody is like Jefferson.  His value is his ability to play the ball and disrupt passing lanes.  He's an average pass rusher in terms of consistently disrupting the pocket, he's not a motor guy.  When he's on he's the most impactful player in the league, but that's a few games a year.  Luckily one of those games was the Grey Cup.

Unpopular opinion here, but Jeffcoat is a significantly better player down after down, and a guy who also creates turnovers.  Obviously having them both would be great.

I like Casher too, he's a motor guy who finishes plays and has a bit of an edge.

I didn't want to say it, because I'm good with whatever the Bombers do, but WJ5 disappearing for many games at a time concerns me. As you say, when he's on, he's worth every penny. When he's not, which can be for stretches of the schedule, that money seems like a waste...