2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Collaros having familiarity with Roosevelt is not a bad thing. He has been often injured lately so I'm not sure. But for the right $ it's not bad I guess. 

I don't think we need him though. Bombers need a game breaking WR, or one with the potential to grow into that (Ryhmes type). Roosevelt would be a decent vet add but I don't see where he fits in the O. Unless the team doesn't want to move forward with Lawler.

I'm happy the Riders are ditching him, as he lit the bombers up on 2nd down conversions often.

Edited by Bigblue204

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think we need him though. Bombers need a game breaking WR, or one with the potential to grow into that (Ryhmes type). Roosevelt would be a decent vet add but I don't see where he fits in the O. Unless the team doesn't want to move forward with Lawler.

I'm happy the Riders are ditching him, as he lit the bombers up on 2nd down conversions often.

Roosevelt is the guy you add in week 10, when your top WR goes down and you're not certain your trust the back up. At this point, I agree, we don't need him. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be too happy if our big move on offense was bringing in Roosevelt. He’s slow, often injured and will still demand decent coin, id rather role with what we have and trust our scouting if that was the case. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I really don't see a correlation between the two. 

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's amazing that folks don't see the huge potential for disaster going into a season with a QB who only played 4 games due to concussions last year, backed up by a guy who has only ever thrown 3 passes in the CFL. An experienced backup QB is needed to mitigate the risk and we need him for the entire training camp so he can learn our offence.

Most of us have seen it, yet our panties, surprisingly, remain completely unknotted.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I really don't see a correlation between the two. 

If Roosevelt comes in he needs to replace someone who is penciled in already. (unless he is going to be the #1, which would surprise the hell out of basically everyone) Roosevelt won't take the place of (#1 spot), or Demski/ Wolly (because of passports). That leaves out Lawler/Bailey etc. Where do you think Roosevelt would fit?

Edited by Bigblue204

Now way we bring in Roosevalt...for what purpose?..32 yr old won't displace our younger guys, and if we want vet presence then you retain Adams, who is better, younger and knows the system...prob can get him on a sms friendly deal too

The more I look at it though I see us going after Rhymes, at a lesser price tag then a Posey/Walker/Daniels if we choose to move on from Adams and use that saved money towards Willie and Nevis. Though we could also re-up Adams and grab Rhymes too and let him..Bailey and Lawler battle it out for the 2 other import spots.

I can honestly see Sask rolling into 2020 without Evans, Roosevalt, Arceneaux and Watson from their starting group from last year...thats a lot of turn over for a team and a recipe for disaster, especially one with a more or less unproven QB...cause last year isn't proof of anything

1 minute ago, Booch said:

so basically the AROS are on the hook for close to 3/4 million in QB monies...can't see them gong to crazy for Willie...and really screw their smsin doing so being about 1 million into 3 players...that be pretty dumb considering they have holes elsewhere yet still needing to be addressed

If Argos end up paying the reported amount (280ish). They will find out real quick that there isnt a DE in the world who could make a defense all by himself. Cause they wont be able to pay anyone else on that D.

i really don't understand the thinking that if the Argos give Willie 300k, they won't be able to pay anyone else. It probably has the affect of limiting them from signing ONE extra big ticket guy. If you can sign Willie at 300k and a rookie at league minimum instead of two guys at 180k, that's about the extent of the impact it has.

I'd pay Willie. He's worth it.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

i really don't understand the thinking that if the Argos give Willie 300k, they won't be able to pay anyone else. It probably has the affect of limiting them from signing ONE extra big ticket guy. If you can sign Willie at 300k and a rookie at league minimum instead of two guys at 180k, that's about the extent of the impact it has.

It is relative to the team.

I don't think it makes sense for our team to pay him like that, but he certainly deserves it from someone.

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Or they plan to exceed the cap and pay the penalty at the end of the season. 

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

They still need to spend some coin on receivers I would think. Pretty bare cupboard.

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

Willie has had success with other very talented linemen. Every team hes been on he hasnt been the only "star". Willis in Edm. Hugh in ssk. Jeffcoat in wpg. And that's just the DEs, nevermind Lbs, and DT. Who does TO have? They can pay him and have a rookie. But they wont have a good Defence.