2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Great to see good QBs on all the teams - or at least potentially good - no lame ducks heading into this season

Will be interesting to see the numbers...  bet Franklin wishes he'd signed Popp's extension...

So back up selection... James Franklin, Jonathon Jennings, Tony Pipkin, Dakota Prukop, Brandon Bridge, Logan Kilgore...

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Great to see good QBs on all the teams - or at least potentially good - no lame ducks heading into this season

Will be interesting to see the numbers...  bet Franklin wishes he'd signed Popp's extension...

So back up selection... James Franklin, Jonathon Jennings, Tony Pipkin, Dakota Prukop, Brandon Bridge, Logan Kilgore...

Sean McGuire

8 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

I think there's definitely a question.  McGuire is totally unproven.  He has done nothing to inspire such confidence. 

Neither did Streveler or Evans or any backup.. Arbuckle was a backup. I mean eventually you go with your guy over guys who have shown all they are is a backup. Veterans are good for rooms but playing? Gimme the unproven Mcguire over the proven at best Backup. The younger guy needs to play in order to see what you got. At worst Mcguire is 1 of the vets some want to sign, but maybe he's more. I think he is. His mechanics and smarts in limited reps have been pretty solid. 

Edited by Goalie

At first thought, I recoiled at the prospect of Pipkin as #3 QB here, but, come to think of it, he hasn't had the string of poor performances and losses that most of the others have. God knows, he is athletic and if he can control his temper and impulsiveness, he might be a good pickup. I remember how incensed he was when others on the Als played poorly and essentially gave the games away. If that passion can be channeled, who knows?

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Neither did Streveler or Evans or any backup.. Arbuckle was a backup. I mean eventually you go with your guy over guys who have shown all they are is a backup. Veterans are good for rooms but playing? Gimme the unproven Mcguire over the proven at best Backup. The younger guy needs to play in order to see what you got. At worst Mcguire is 1 of the vets some want to sign, but maybe he's more. I think he is. His mechanics and smarts in limited reps have been pretty solid. 

What reps? He's thrown 2 passes. I'm not saying he's bad but i hope to see another experienced qb brought in.  If McGuire wins the job, so be it.