2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

On 2020-02-02 at 8:06 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Argos are just as tied up as him. Nichols doesnt HAVE to play. Argos do. Neither really has an advantage, but if anything has an edge in negotiations I'd give it to Nichols.

Nichols does have to play if he wants to make a living. He won't be making no 300k/year with his Sports Management degree, I can guarantee that

Edited by Dr Zaius

27 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders get Judge back. $190,000 in hard $, chance for it to be $210,000. I think they overpaid.

way over payed for a 61 tackle guy who is basically your average linebacker...If wasn't for his bogus National designation would be a fringe player...Wilson for us has pretty much same stats, and I think is more impactful...so that be like us paying him 200k....fools

They extended an average American O-Tackle too...way to go Oday!!

5 hours ago, Booch said:

way over payed for a 61 tackle guy who is basically your average linebacker...If wasn't for his bogus National designation would be a fringe player...Wilson for us has pretty much same stats, and I think is more impactful...so that be like us paying him 200k....fools

They extended an average American O-Tackle too...way to go Oday!!

Wait till the sacks and turnovers go down this year too.

And they will.

On 2020-02-03 at 7:39 AM, rebusrankin said:

Riders get Judge back. $190,000 in hard $, chance for it to be $210,000. I think they overpaid.

If you knocked 90k off that deal itd be a good one. I like judge, I still havent seen that he has what it takes to take his game to that level though. I dont see how he lives up to the contract unless he becomes a premiere defensive ni / lb. 

I feel like every year the riders have a resigning/pick up that makes you go "They gave how much to who?"

Not sure what the panic would be for Nichols.  Unless someone pays him starter money, he should wait for June/July.  He will have lots of time to prove he is 100% and someone will break the bank for him to come in and save their season.  Starting QB's will go down and someone will get anxious.  He will be offered a 2 or 3 year deal (to get the signing bonus under the cap) and be paid good money.  Last summer Kevin Glenn was fielding multiple offers to get off the couch.  The Bombers were looking for him and Drew Willy.

Nichols just needs patience. 

27 minutes ago, MC said:

Not sure what the panic would be for Nichols.  Unless someone pays him starter money, he should wait for June/July.  He will have lots of time to prove he is 100% and someone will break the bank for him to come in and save their season.  Starting QB's will go down and someone will get anxious.  He will be offered a 2 or 3 year deal (to get the signing bonus under the cap) and be paid good money.  Last summer Kevin Glenn was fielding multiple offers to get off the couch.  The Bombers were looking for him and Drew Willy.

Nichols just needs patience. 

Which raises the question, was winning the G.C. an amazing fluke of circumstances?  If either Glenn or Willy would have accepted the job offer earlier, Collaros would never have been brought in and I doubt they would have gotten by Calgary in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

'Bethel-Thompson did lead the league in 4Q attempts when trailing by 15+ (50). 26/50, 308 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT Down by 9 or more it's still just 75 of his almost 500 attempts'. - DT on Sports Cage

I'm not sure being the league leader in 4Q attempts makes your case to be the starter.  

Stat that shows he played from behind a lot on a bad team. 3rd in passing yards and 1st in tds. Which considering he wasnt the starter for the whole year is pretty good. 

Come from behind win on the worst team in the league vs the eventual grey cup champions is worth some thing too. By no means is he an elite starter. But imo he is cemented as a starting caliber qb in this league. Atleast going into TC, any thing can change during the season. 

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Which raises the question, was winning the G.C. an amazing fluke of circumstances?  If either Glenn or Willy would have accepted the job offer earlier, Collaros would never have been brought in and I doubt they would have gotten by Calgary in the playoffs.

Yeah we forget collaros was our third choice if you include streveler 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Luck is the residue of hard work. Never know what woulda coulda shoulda happened. But with how our D played, its hard to imagine us not winning. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Stat that shows he played from behind a lot on a bad team. 3rd in passing yards and 1st in tds. Which considering he wasnt the starter for the whole year is pretty good. 

Come from behind win on the worst team in the league vs the eventual grey cup champions is worth some thing too. By no means is he an elite starter. But imo he is cemented as a starting caliber qb in this league. Atleast going into TC, any thing can change during the season. 

Fair enough, one way to look at it for sure.

However, playing from behind when he was active suggests he was part (not all) of the reason this team was bad.  I'm guessing the Argo's will pull the trigger quite quickly if he falters out of the gate.