2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

On 2020-01-25 at 11:10 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Davis has all the physical tools to be a great QB, he just lacks the mental tools to put them to good use.

Idk he is athletic, but not as athletic as streveler. And I dont think his arm talent is as good as mcguire or plenty of other guys. The mental tools and refined skills like accuracy and touch are the deal breakers in any qb. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Idk he is athletic, but not as athletic as streveler. And I dont think his arm talent is as good as mcguire or plenty of other guys. The mental tools and refined skills like accuracy and touch are the deal breakers in any qb. 

All the tools... He'll be 31 this season.  If he can't figure out defenses by now then he never will.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All the tools... He'll be 31 this season.  If he can't figure out defenses by now then he never will.

Nah, his accuracy and touch are below average. His athleticism is good but not great. His release and mechanics are average. 

31 going on 16 in terms of experience as a starter.  Not just a pro starter, a starting qb in general. Hes been a bench squad guy forever. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Nah, his accuracy and touch are below average. His athleticism is good but not great. His release and mechanics are average. 

31 going on 16 in terms of experience as a starter.  Not just a pro starter, a starting qb in general. Hes been a bench squad guy forever. 

That & the fact he can't read defenses. ;)

51 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've no idea how guys like Davis keep getting opportunity after opportunity.

It's simple, really. Most pro teams would rather have a guy with "experience" as the backup rather than an unknown commodity. Even if the guy with experience mostly has experience being terrible. I don't necessarily agree with the strategy but head coaches are extremely risk averse in that regard. 

43 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It's simple, really. Most pro teams would rather have a guy with "experience" as the backup rather than an unknown commodity. Even if the guy with experience mostly has experience being terrible. I don't necessarily agree with the strategy but head coaches are extremely risk averse in that regard. 

That's why most head coaches fail & never win championships. 

Stamps letting Derek Dennis go to free agency. Anybody else wondering why Hufnagel would let a perennial CFL All Star tackle go when his $650,000 a year qb is coming off major shoulder surgery? Stamps renegotiated BLM's contract to be able to have more flexibility with the cap & then cheap out protecting Mitchell's backside... On another note, Mitchell's GC & MOP rings were stolen January 2nd out of his truck while parked out on the street. Calgary Police made an arrest but the rings are long gone. Why would he leave valuables like that in his pickup??? If they were mine, they'd be locked away in a safety deposit box at my bank.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stamps letting Derek Dennis go to free agency. Anybody else wondering why Hufnagel would let a perennial CFL All Star tackle go when his $650,000 a year qb is coming off major shoulder surgery? Stamps renegotiated BLM's contract to be able to have more flexibility with the cap & then cheap out protecting Mitchell\s backside... On another note, Mitchell's GC & MOP rings were stolen January 2nd out of his truck while parked out on the street. Calgary Police made an arrest but the rings are long gone. Why would he leave valuables like that in his pickup??? If they were mine, they'd be locked away in a safety deposit box at my bank.

Who says they aren't?

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He is letting Dennis try free agency because Dennis did this already once and came crawling back.

That OL isn't as good as the Stamps think it is. Shane Bergman suffers from vertigo & when it strikes can miss a bunch of games. Brad Erdos also has injury problems & missed most of last season. Kasitati aaat RT is a pylon & the worst OL on the team. They re-signed Kasistati & are letting Dennis go.