2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

58 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Sort out the secondary meant finally having a safety that can actually COVER and make plays....significantly lacking for a number of years....sorry Loeffler lovers but he couldn’t cover. 

That plus getting Taylor in ay halfback, and putting a better fit in at sam, and jones turning into a good corner... but yeah it was all hecht.

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Being he is a Winnipeger..be perfect landing spot here

MEH. Just another hyped up NFL guy who is "definietly a ratio breaker", without any experience in the CFL and mediocre success (if that) in the NFL. I don't expect him in Winnipeg, I also don't think he will be anywhere near the level Farhan is projecting.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

MEH. Just another hyped up NFL guy who is "definietly a ratio breaker", without any experience in the CFL and mediocre success (if that) in the NFL. I don't expect him in Winnipeg, I also don't think he will be anywhere near the level Farhan is projecting.

I would sure work him out and have a look. Not everyday NFL calibre NAT WRs come on the open market. Maybe he is over hyped but maybe he is the real deal.

18 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

RB's better hope Arbuckle doesn't contract the Willy virus (with no disrespect to Drew Willy, I'm sure he's a great human being)

In September 2015, a bunch of us volunteers were taking a Grey Cup security awareness course in the Blue and Gold room at the stadium. It was being put on by the US Department of Homeland Security. Anyway, we were on a break and we went out to the little lobby at the top overlooking the stadium and were watching practice. Matt Nichols had just arrived in town and was taking reps. Drew Willy was sitting there watching practice taking notes and eating chicken. A group of us were watching the QBs tossing fade routes into the end zone, and commenting how nice of a ball Nichols seemed to throw. Willy got up with his plate of chicken and left, we never thought anything of it, until the next day when we took our break and were informed that at the request of the ball club this area would now be off limits to us during the break and we would have to go down to the main stands if we wanted to watch practice during the break. Only guy who was there was Willy the day before.

27 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

In September 2015, a bunch of us volunteers were taking a Grey Cup security awareness course in the Blue and Gold room at the stadium. It was being put on by the US Department of Homeland Security. Anyway, we were on a break and we went out to the little lobby at the top overlooking the stadium and were watching practice. Matt Nichols had just arrived in town and was taking reps. Drew Willy was sitting there watching practice taking notes and eating chicken. A group of us were watching the QBs tossing fade routes into the end zone, and commenting how nice of a ball Nichols seemed to throw. Willy got up with his plate of chicken and left, we never thought anything of it, until the next day when we took our break and were informed that at the request of the ball club this area would now be off limits to us during the break and we would have to go down to the main stands if we wanted to watch practice during the break. Only guy who was there was Willy the day before.

Makes you wonder :)

REDBLACKS RELEASE 10 PLAYERS, INCLUDING JENNINGS, MADU

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have released 10 players, most notably quarterbacks Jonathon Jennings and Will Arndt and running backs Mossis Madu and Greg Morris.

The REDBLACKS also released receiver Seth Coate, defensive back Maurice Fleming, linebackers Jeff Knox Jr. and Nicolas Boulay, long snapper Mike Benson and defensive lineman Cameron Walker.

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/01/23/redblacks-release-10-players-including-jennings-madu/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

51 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

REDBLACKS RELEASE 10 PLAYERS, INCLUDING JENNINGS, MADU

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have released 10 players, most notably quarterbacks Jonathon Jennings and Will Arndt and running backs Mossis Madu and Greg Morris.

The REDBLACKS also released receiver Seth Coate, defensive back Maurice Fleming, linebackers Jeff Knox Jr. and Nicolas Boulay, long snapper Mike Benson and defensive lineman Cameron Walker.

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/01/23/redblacks-release-10-players-including-jennings-madu/

Lapo swinging the axe....I wonder who he has on our fa list that would fit his club....We better get ]re-upping' going in earnest

Once again .... I'd way rather have growing pains with McGuire then Jennings.  I'm pretty sure at this point if we want a qb who will toss random passes into double coverage that any random qb could do the same.

I don't understand the fascination of bringing in someone new who has zero knowledge of our system and guys and who completely sucked with their last team.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand the fascination of bringing in someone new who has zero knowledge of our system and guys and who completely sucked with their last team.

I give you Collaros as a guy who has zero knowledge of our system and completely sucked on their last team. That's what folks are hoping for.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Once again .... I'd way rather have growing pains with McGuire then Jennings.  I'm pretty sure at this point if we want a qb who will toss random passes into double coverage that any random qb could do the same.

Haha like Matt Nichols? That worked out okay