2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

10 hours ago, JCon said:

Drop off in stats does not mean drop off in performance. To keep his performance level high, the Bombers may wish to give him fewer touches, so each time he does touch the ball, he has the same impact. 

He seems ageless but at some point, the miles will catch up with him. 

It’s a sad thought but if we’re realistic, the fall off a cliff production-wise is coming at some point in the relatively near future for Harris. 33-year old running backs that are even remotely productive are extremely rare. Not saying it’s a certainty but I think every good performance we get from Harris from here on out is a bonus. 

7 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It’s a sad thought but if we’re realistic, the fall off a cliff production-wise is coming at some point in the relatively near future for Harris. 33-year old running backs that are even remotely productive are extremely rare. Not saying it’s a certainty but I think every good performance we get from Harris from here on out is a bonus. 

Not with the stuff he's on! (Just kidding)

It seems like when a RBs time is up, it ends all at once. Let's hope we can keep him healthy and productive through another championship season or two or three. 

44 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

If you think Arbuckle is the long term answer at QB, first overall and a third is a steal of a deal. 

Ottawa's first two picks every year are an undersized OL who struggles to transition to guard or a center and a H-Back/fullback.

They don't draft well is my point, so yeah they probably wouldn't get great value.

It's a steal for Calgary though.  Almost unbelievable.  Even if Ottawa wins the bidding war they lose IMO.  Hard to believe there's not a pick swap with that condition, like maybe they get Calgary's 6th overall pick for the 1st if Arbuckle signs.

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Time to groom the heir apparent, I guess.

https://3downnation.com/2020/01/06/last-chance-u-star-dl-ronald-ollie-signs-with-the-toronto-argos/

Is this the guy Gruden cut for being disinterested?

Edit: Yup

“You know what? Let’s get some of these [expletive] guys out of here that don’t want to play,” Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said to a staff member. “If we’re not going to listen to the trainer, who are we going to listen to?”

Ollie was subsequently cut, and viewers saw his locker being cleaned out by a member of the Oakland equipment staff. The Raiders signed NFL veteran Ethan Westbrooks to take his place during training camp.

Edited by Geebrr