2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

If we retain Nichols , I wouldn't say it's the end of the world because we still have most of our o line and a great RB. 

We will have our whole starting oline back from grey cup. And 2 solid backups..no worries there.

Hopefully too we see more of Augustine for different looks..and sets with Oliviera to tenderize the meat for Harris

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

We will have our whole starting oline back from grey cup. And 2 solid backups..no worries there.

Hopefully too we see more of Augustine for different looks..and sets with Oliviera to tenderize the meat for Harris

Still stacked at NI receiver as well.

Plus the best kicker in the league and one of the best returners.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

If we retain Nichols , I wouldn't say it's the end of the world because we still have most of our o line and a great RB. 

It wouldn't be the end of the world. Hard to imagine repeating with all the NFL talent lost but the off season is long and many things can change. 

Nichols plus a first vs collaros is going to be an interesting decision. 

I think the next thing for the Canadian mafia to work on is a qb that can be elite and dominate. They have the security to invest the time in development now. So I hope McGuire and streveler are back if they can be that guy. And I hope that the youth movement isn't repressed by some one who won't lose games when 100%

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Got a good laugh outta Nyes latest article on bold predictions...saying Fajardo throws for 6000 yards..lol

Who's blocking for him at moment and who is he throwing to as all of any note are free agents...

That ******* article... Said the Bombers are going to have a huge fall off and will need the crossover to make playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

That ******* article... Said the Bombers are going to have a huge fall off and will need the crossover to make playoffs. 

Yeah...was a piece of trash for sure...but that 6000 yard thing was just ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Well, did he say anything about a rival article from Rumours-R-Us suggesting that next year’s Grey cup winners will not be getting a ring for the championship game being played at Mozaic stadium in Regina, but rather, the name of each player on the winning team will be engraved on plaques located on RING road, the one truly good thing about Regina.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Makes perfect sense that a guy who threw for a career high 240 yards per game is suddenly going to throw for 340 yards per game the next season, if you are wearing Green Goggles.

Based on his stats from last season it seemed like he either puts up a monster game or terrible numbers.    We will see how he adapts to a new system...

I think we had the best players and the best team in the league last year and that's why we won. The performance of our D late in the season was CFL championship calibre. The O was not of the same calibre but was good enough. We had great players on offense and with better schemes and playcalling I believe we could have performed much better than we did. I'm glad we had enough to get the job done.

Unlike Richie Hall with his D, I'm of the opinion that Paul Lapolice schemes and calls a very timid style of offense. One that's afraid of making a mistake. One that rarely stretches the field vertically. It's an unimaginative,  play-it-safe style where everyone in the stadium knows whats coming next including the opposing defense. How many times did an opposing defense pin their ears back and send the house because they knew exactly what was coming? That's one way to get a QB killed. Thank God we had the O-line and blockers we did because the play calling fooled absolutely no one the majority of the time.

I couldn't be happier to see Lapo go. I'm going to enjoy watching him take his approach to Ottawa.

I'm hoping we play a style of offense that matches the style of our defense. It should make for some very exciting Bomber football.

17 hours ago, Booch said:

Are you suggesting we may see a drop off in Harris' stats next season ?

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Drop off in stats does not mean drop off in performance. To keep his performance level high, the Bombers may wish to give him fewer touches, so each time he does touch the ball, he has the same impact. 

He seems ageless but at some point, the miles will catch up with him. 

15 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...was a piece of trash for sure...but that 6000 yard thing was just ridiculous 

This guy is just throwing up a bunch of hail mary's. Last year he got a couple of things spot on but in most cases he was completely off.  He projected Wolitarsky to be a cfl all-star for example. 

Predicting Fajardo to pass for 6000 yards is crazy. He's a game manager type and is sheltered by a good running game. He's not going to all of a sudden be an elite passer beyond anyone else in the league. 

Also.. Predicting right now that Winnipeg is going to fall and be a cross over team is purely conjecture. Nothing has happened in the real world to make Edmonton and BC a lot better. BC hired a Campbell who is a decent head coach but he struggles when he does not have top notch assistant coaches. BC failed to hire Dinwiddie as the OC and are likely going to be left with mediocre offensive coaching again. Edmonton replaced an offensive co-ordinator (Jason Maas) who should be a head coach with another carbon copy in Scott Milanovich. Nothing has occured to make anyone think these teams won't be just as soft as last season. As of right now there is every realistic expectation Winnipeg will remain competitive and in the top 3 in the West just like the last 3 seasons.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No..but Lapo over used him and neglected other aspects of the offence..and with more variation and more uncertainty where the ball is going will actually make Harris's touches more productive as he cant be keyed on 80 percent of time like in Lapos offence