2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Thought we would have heard who our OC is going to be by now... Buck or whoever...Nothing like looking like what direction we're headed in with regards to a very important position this season...Could there be a dark horse vying for the job that we are considering???hmmmmm

I think O'Shea has decided to announce his complete staff rather than individual assistants & coordinators. I'm sure the OC will be Buck & we'll find that out soon enough. 

5 hours ago, Doublezero said:

What's the status of Nichols throwing shoulder, anyone? Is he throwing with velocity yet? To me, he's always had a bit of a noodle arm and now the shoulder is an unknown post-surgery QB shoulder. I thought I read somewhere he may not be ready for TC.  Man, if we lose Strev to the NFL there are going to be lots of question marks around the QB prospects here in 2020.  Might have to dust off Buck.

What happened to McGuire? 

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I can't see Ottawa paying enough for both Nichols and Arbuckle or both agreeing to sign there. I do agree that we need to land a QB. At the moment, I think I'm like this:

1. Collaros/Streveler

2. Nichols/Strevler

3. MBT/Streveler

4. MBT/Mcguire

The status of Nichols shoulder is still a huge concern to me.

Since Lapo is gone I think it might be time to move on from Nichols. I'm grateful for the service Matt gave us and I'm sure he'd get a chance to test his shoulder somewhere else.

I like your #1. I'd throw Streveler/McGuire in there as #2. I'm anxious to see what McGuire can do and I'm really excited to see what any of them can do now that the overrated Paul Lapolice is gone. Give me a couple of young stud QBs, Harris/Augustine in the backfield behind our O-line and a creative offensive coordinator that isn't so risk-averse to going vertical and I think we'll have a lot of fun this year, especially if we can get us a couple 1A receivers to complement what we already have. C'mon Walters, dazzle us. We've only just begun.  Wooooo!

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

Hmmm.....Huffer is going all-in on Mitchell and may live to regret it.  And Ottawa paid surprisingly little in exchange.

Why would he regret going in on the best qb in the league? Proven QB over a guy who did play well for a stretch of 5 games....  the safer bet would be to stick with BLM

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Why would he regret going in on the best qb in the league? Proven QB over a guy who did play well for a stretch of 5 games....  the safer bet would be to stick with BLM

BLM isn't the best in the league and didn't look good much of last year. 

Going the safe vet way is the opposite of what's made this stamps dynasty. 

re: Huff hanging on to BLM to ditch on Arbuckle..... my first thought is "Man, this is an anti-Wally move, and Wally was virtually NEVER wrong..." but then "What if this is like Dom Davis, where Huff cuts bait because he knows Arbuckle will never be 'that guy'...?" So I think we won't really know who wins this deal for awhile yet. BLM just hasn't looked like the same juggernaut for a couple seasons now and has had multiple injuries. Mike Reilly, even with a lack of winning, is still the best QB in the league.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Will an average QB and Lapo even get them to .500 ?

OTT moves, so far,  are meh-ish, imo.

Lapo is a false prophet.

He had no testicles as HC here in 2011, and no testicles in his tenure as OC here the last 2 years. He called a great game in the grey cup, but c'mon, with 8 turnovers you'd better find a way to win.

The guy has a good playbook, but inspires no confidence in anyone with that demeanour and calls disgustingly conservative games. 

Ottawa is going to flounder under Lapo, mark these words

Edited by Dr Zaius