2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

13 hours ago, bb1 said:

I hate to say this and maybe it says alot about Masoli and his injury but why would he not at least wait until FA time and hear what Ottawa has to offer? He would be guaranteed to start and any QB worth anything has to be the No.1,if you want to be a backup might as well retire in my books...

Travis Lulay basically did this exact same thing

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

That’s a bit of a surprise - I wonder what the advantage is for him

He gets a two-year deal in the NFL? I would say that's pretty good. RBs go down, so he might even get on the active roster. 

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We were talking about him re-signing in 2016 after losing his job to Jennings.

I never thought Jennings was that good even when he was putting up big numbers passing. He was always making bad decisions & throws that cost the Lions games in the win column.  Once his production fell off the mistakes kept happening & he was exposed as the lousy qb that he always was. Jennings doesn't come across  being the sharpest knife in the drawer. Yet, he'll probably still find a place to play. His athleticism will cause some OC to think he can resurrect his career off the scrap heap which won't happen. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

56 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Was last off season this bad for players getting contracts in the NFL?  Seems a ton of teams good players are getting them down south...

Yes, it has been this way for a couple years now since the NFL expanded their PR size and eligibility.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never thought Jennings was that good even when he was putting up big numbers passing. He was always making bad decisions & throws that cost the Lions games in the win column.  Once his production fell off the mistakes kept happening & he was exposed as the lousy qb that he always was. Jennings doesn't come across  being the sharpest knife in the drawer. Yet, he'll probably still find a place to play. His athleticism will cause some OC to think he can resurrect his career off the scrap heap which won't happen. 

Michael Bishop 2.0. 

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Arbuckle to Ottawa.

https://3downnation.com/2020/01/03/redblacks-acquire-qb-nick-arbuckle-in-trade-with-stampeders/

By my count that means, we get one of Nichols or Collaros back.

Potentially both if Streveler signs in the NFL.  Im not convinced if I'm Toronto that i would prefer Matt Nichols as my starter over MBT.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Arbuckle to Ottawa.

https://3downnation.com/2020/01/03/redblacks-acquire-qb-nick-arbuckle-in-trade-with-stampeders/

By my count that means, we get one of Nichols or Collaros back.

Interesting. I thought for sure Arbuckle would be heading to TO. I really hope Walters is speaking with Collaros to try and get him signed now. He is at the very least healthy enough to start day 1. Nichols is not (as of now). And if we lose out on Collaros we could really be in a bind.