2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

13 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Masoli wasn’t signed to be the backup. 

It looks like a 1 year contract.    This is definitely a veteran insurance kind of deal.     He'll start if Evans struggles,  otherwise if Evans plays like the way he did (aside from the Grey Cup) then why in the world would they hand the keys back to Masoli?

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I brought in that video before the football team I was coaching was about to play a big playoff game and played it to them. We destroyed that day. However, I am not a professional coach, and in my defense the movie was a bootleg while still in theatres and most of my team had never seen it before. One of the greatest football movie speeches of all time.

Oh yes it a good one...I've used things in past to get point across...nothing wrong with that...and Pacino's in that is a good one..

That being said I think for Pro's u gotta pass on that stuff..from what I was told it got more snickers and wtf's than motivating anyone...poor Lapo haha

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Masoli re-sign.

Would have comfortably bet against it...my guess is there was too much uncertainty around the injury for Masoli to test the market so why not wait it out a year?  All my friends are here, know the system...and perhaps a chance to get my job back ?

Agreed- it is a good situation for both parties. 

Good on the Ticats and Masoli.

Hefty price tag for both of those guys who look and want to be the 'guy' behind centre..I can't see Evans hanging around a team that is going to go with another qb. as the starter..Evans can get starter money elsewhere and there's a club back east that would give him the coin...Good luck with that one Ham....After the performance Evans gave them last season.he's going to demand a raise or traded...bet on it

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hefty price tag for both of those guys who look and want to be the 'guy' behind centre..I can't see Evans hanging around a team that is going to go with another qb. as the starter..Evans can get starter money elsewhere and there's a club back east that would give him the coin...Good luck with that one Ham....After the performance Evans gave them last season.he's going to demand a raise or traded...bet on it

Masoli will be lucky if he's ready to play sometime in August.  Hopefully he's dropping some weight as part of his rehab process.

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Evans isn't going to be a FA until next off season. He can demand a trade all he wants it won't happen. Not unless the deal is good etc. But to say he's going to demand a raise/trade is ridiculous, He holds very little power in his current situation.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Masoli re-sign.

Would have comfortably bet against it...my guess is there was too much uncertainty around the injury for Masoli to test the market so why not wait it out a year?  All my friends are here, know the system...and perhaps a chance to get my job back ?

Exactly why I never saw him leaving 

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Hefty price tag for both of those guys 

Nope. Evans is still making relative backup money. Masoli's return date is an open question so no cap impact.

Question here won't be money it'll the usual qb controversy type stuff. Risk of injury is always there but there's no reason to think the wheels will suddenly fall off from Evans. 

Masoli watching Evans all year with the odd third and short wrinkle followed by the same off season questions of where Masoli will end up is what I expect in 2020.

35 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Question here won't be money it'll the usual qb controversy type stuff. Risk of injury is always there but there's no reason to think the wheels will suddenly fall off from Evans. 

Watching Evans play and his demeanor with the club, I'm sure he believes he's a number one...and actually he looks the part....Masoli said he wants to be a Cat for life (don't think he meant the 9 life type)  there's going to be a time in the season he'll want his job back...Two no 1's never work...Both do not fit the category of a Streveler trying to become a no. one...I'm sure they both believe they are a 'one' NOW..Don't see how that will ever work once Masoli wants to hit the field...Something is going to give ...But that's Ham's situation...we have our own to work out....so good luck Zontar...

8 hours ago, Zontar said:

Masoli re-sign.

The question will be, will Evans be in a snit over this? It's supposed to be his team.