2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Clarke is no where even close to Neufeld in talent..and how he earned an all star nod is baffling..and not saying that cause he is a Rider..guy is bad..slow..prob most unathletic lineman in league..for fun watch him solely in games..god awful but super glad he re-upped there..doesnt do anything to make that line dominant by any stretch

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Clarke is no where even close to Neufeld in talent..and how he earned an all star nod is baffling..and not saying that cause he is a Rider..guy is bad..slow..prob most unathletic lineman in league..for fun watch him solely in games..god awful but super glad he re-upped there..doesnt do anything to make that line dominant by any stretch

No no no, clearly you are wrong. Riders had arguably the best OL in the league and allstars are never wrong...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Ah yes Clark sucks, Labatte has been washed up for four years, Bladek is overrated, Fajardo is a backup, Judge is a hack, their DBs are jerks, WillieJ is a showboater - oh wait forget that last one...

Clark does suck. Labatte is not what he once was, Bladek is not impressive. Fajardo was better than I thought and is a legit starting QB, Gainey and Marshall are jerks, Judge is ok, Evans is a good receiver, their fanbase still has a ton of jerks.

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

At least that's what they're saying, I don't believe BLM  willingly accepts a salary reduction to help out the team at the height of his game.  Huf has just returned to diverting money and back-channelling payments as before, he knows he can't stay on top without a monetary advantage.

Probably got an upfront bonus of some sort to lubricate the drop. 

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Brilliant move.  I bet they re-sign Arbuckle...

If any thing I would think Arbuckle wants a chance to start and be the no1. Which a few teams could give him. 

Huff had all the power here.  BLM knows he didn't play up to his contract last season and he knows his contract is handcuffing the team.  It could have been worse for BLM as a trade was certainly possible and was being discussed.  I doubt they'll trade him know eventhough this restructured contract would make it even easier to trade him but I'm sure Huff gave BLM some assurance that that wouldn't happen.  

Not sure this makes it any easier to re sign Arbuckle but Huff's going to do everything possible to do so.   

8 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Huff had all the power here.  BLM knows he didn't play up to his contract last season and he knows his contract is handcuffing the team.  It could have been worse for BLM as a trade was certainly possible and was being discussed.  I doubt they'll trade him know eventhough this restructured contract would make it even easier to trade him but I'm sure Huff gave BLM some assurance that that wouldn't happen.  

Not sure this makes it any easier to re sign Arbuckle but Huff's going to do everything possible to do so.   

Id be incredibly surprised if Arbuckle has any interest in re-signing to be Bo's backup qb. I imagine that the idea of re-signing Arbuckle for cheaper and moving Bo was what got Bo to take a lower salary. I think Arbuckle is going to follow Dinwiddie to Toronto. 

37 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

BLM knows he didn't play up to his contract last season

This can not be correct; I understand that the Vikings wanted to keep Bo, but didn't want a quarterback controversy you know, fans wanting Bo over Kirk Cousins.  🙄  / 😂 /

Edited by Mark F

I almost think it was restructured to yes..take handcuffs of the team..but also to make him more traceable.. they get right offer..I can see him traded

Huffing is no fool and if he sees that they can accomplish same thing with Arbuckle..and for 150..200k less he wont hesitate to move him