2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Per Twitter he's apparently concerned about the health of a family member and doesn't want to have to divide his attention throughout the summer. Family is back in Georgia.

Coach 'resigns' and gets paid out outside the management SMS rules. Coach 'fired' and gets paid out inside the SMS rules.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Maybe Lolley, now that he’s free, and Jim Popp, will put something together that will stick and be really good. I think they’d work well together.

Cant think of anything offhand though...            

You mean a Lolley-Popp?  (Insert groan here)

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/18/star-receiver-odell-beckham-jr-jokes-about-wanting-to-be-traded-to-the-argos-and-bombers/

...Beckham Jr. responded by saying he’s been in contact with franchises north of the border.

“I’ve been talking to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Toronto Argonauts, a couple Canadian league teams that I’m also trying to get traded to so it’s been great conversations,” Beckham Jr. said.

“It’s an easy thing to do and cause a little controversy and a little friction. It’s time to just put it to bed, I’m going to be here, there is nothing more to talk about unless, like I said, I go to the Argonauts or the Blue Bombers.”

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What evidence do you have that he is still being paid?  Why would the Esks. continue to pay someone after they resign?  Makes no sense.

I've got no evidence, just a theory. Same holds true for Rick Campbell. I'm thinking that we will see more resigning in the future and less firing of coaches who still have time left on their contracts to get around the SMS rules.

18 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The #MontreALS announce that Bob Slowik (Defensive Coordinator), Todd Howard (Defensive Line Coach) and Robert Gordon (Receivers Coach) have all signed new deals and will return in 2020. #CFL #LCF via @MTLAlouettes

Bellefeuille was hired to be their OL coach as well. Probably my all time least favorite OC. A sentiment I think many fans of his former teams share. 

Pretty good vid on Harris and pretty much shows he was the engine that this offence ran through...and some pretty amazing runs and plays from one season alone..what caught my eye more though was the down field blocking of the o-line on a lot of it, and how dominant they were, and the work the receivers did in that offence when not pass catching..total team buy in and working for each other

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Pretty good vid on Harris and pretty much shows he was the engine that this offence ran through...and some pretty amazing runs and plays from one season alone..what caught my eye more though was the down field blocking of the o-line on a lot of it, and how dominant they were, and the work the receivers did in that offence when not pass catching..total team buy in and working for each other

you bet man .. you look at the giant gaping holes the line is opening ... the big guys getting out in space and blowing up DBs downfield... the guys coming in late after Harris is wrapped up,making the defence pay for letting them run free after the play moves downfield ... all glory to Harris but man did Lapo put together a sweet running game here and our guys executed it with great precision and spirit.

My favorite block so far is Bailey torpedoing a ticat DL at 2:23, the TD that got us rolling in the Grey Cup. The ticat dude looked like he was mainly concerned about playing contain on Collaros and he was a bit flatfooted and Bailey took full advantage.

Edited by johnzo

and man just look at this beautiful play ... a Bomber on every Al, Streveler legging out the fake, Yoshi getting to the second level and erasing Muamba, AH33 one-on-one with Lokombo which is a nice matchup for the good guys.

I wanna do a post of my top ten favorite Bomber blocks from 2019 .. gotta rewatch the season...

Screenshot-from-2019-12-20-20-16-34.png

Edited by johnzo