2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

while it may not be Webster, Wikipedi has the following to say about those adorable little blue things...

"The Smurfs is a Belgian comic franchise centered on a fictional colony of small, blue, human-like creatures who live in mushroom-shaped houses in the forest."

In my opinion they are real, not fictional. 

By your definition I can't be wrong. You can't prove I don't believe they exist.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If we'd lost in the first round of the playoffs this year, it probably would have meant MOS's job so Collaros saved MOS' job just as much as Nichols did 3 years ago.

To quote an axiom from hockey: the smartest coaches have great goalies. The impact of a very good quarterback cannot be overstressed. I offer the 2019 RedBlacks as proof.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

In my opinion they are real, not fictional. 

By your definition I can't be wrong. You can't prove I don't believe they exist.

no, by your definition you're right, not mine...  you made a statement, "smurfs are real", I provided you a reference from a generally accepted source that your statement of fact is wrong...

now, if you would have said "I'd like to believe that Smurfs are real" I couldn't take issue with it as you gave an opinion, not stating a fact easily disproved...  I can't prove how you feel, I can prove that a statement present as fact is incorrect...

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

no, by your definition you're right, not mine...  you made a statement, "smurfs are real", I provided you a reference from a generally accepted source that your statement of fact is wrong...

now, if you would have said "I'd like to believe that Smurfs are real" I couldn't take issue with it as you gave an opinion, not stating a fact easily disproved...  I can't prove how you feel, I can prove that a statement present as fact is incorrect...

Ah, so the content of opinions can be wrong.

I agree.

This has been an annoying 30 minutes.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Ah, so the content of opinions can be wrong.

I agree.

This has been an annoying 30 minutes.

only when there is an element of fact that is either true or false used to support one's opinion...  which technically no longer makes it merely an opinion... but yeah, sure... lol...

2 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

only when there is an element of fact that is either true or false used to support one's opinion...  which technically no longer makes it merely an opinion... but yeah, sure... lol...

Go back to your original definition and fact check that statement.

Just understand that I won't be replying as this conversation bores the **** out of me as opinions can sure as **** be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Go back to your original definition and fact check that statement.

Just understand that I won't be replying as this conversation bores the **** out of me as opinions can sure as **** be wrong.

don't need too... I've provided more than enough narrative to support my statement... but, nice chat... lol...

11 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

Wait, what??? Are you saying that Smurfs are not real? That can't be so. Please, please say that you were only joking. Please?

On 2019-12-12 at 3:28 PM, blue85gold said:

Crazy that all of the Bomber QBs from the '07 Grey Cup are head coaches in the CFL/NFL now (other than injured Glenn)

I would use the term QB loosely and the only guy to play meaningful games after the 2007 Grey Cup was Kevin Glenn, and that was for the next decade.