2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

3 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

it was my opinion, therefore it can't be wrong... no where did I say that this is what would happen, just indicated what I would like to see happen...  

sure opinions can be wrong. "Hitler was a good guy"

but you're right - it's all for naught now anyway.

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

it was my opinion, therefore it can't be wrong... no where did I say that this is what would happen, just indicated what I would like to see happen...  

Oh my.  Opinions can most certainly be wrong.  Love that we seem to be living in a post-fact world.  Let me give you a couple of examples:  You can have an opinion that the world is flat.  Your opinion would be wrong.  You can have an opinion that vaccinations are inherently dangerous.  Your opinion would be wrong.  Opinions that are based on measurables/stats/evidence can be wrong.  

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Oh my.  Opinions can most certainly be wrong.  Love that we seem to be living in a post-fact world.  Let me give you a couple of examples:  You can have an opinion that the world is flat.  Your opinion would be wrong.  You can have an opinion that vaccinations are inherently dangerous.  Your opinion would be wrong.  Opinions that are based on measurables/stats/evidence can be wrong.  

I found the government shill

39 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Tell me where I sign up for your newsletter....

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Question:

Is there a difference between an opinion and simply being ignorant of a fact? Or is ignorance, as you say, a wrong opinion?

ie. Is the world being flat really an opinion someone can have when they're indisputably wrong?

Edited by Jesse
Typo

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Question:

Is there a difference between an opinion and simply being ignorant of a fact? Or is ignorance, as you say, a wrong opinion?

ie. Is the world being flat really an opinion someone can have when they're indisputably wrong?

There are people who are of the opinion that the world is flat.

That is a fact 

Just to be fair to 66 Chevelle, he wasn't wrong at the time. I think if the trade for Collaros wasn't made & we lost in the semi final to Calgary then MOS probably would have been fired. The locals would have been surly. Not a fan of dredging up old posts just to mock what someone said at the time as we've all been proven wrong here. Except for Skunk when he said Nichols lacked courage or wasn't tough enough because of the genetics he inherited from his parents. There is no way an opinion like that can ever be considered right

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just to be fair to 66 Chevelle, he wasn't wrong at the time. I think if the trade for Collaros wasn't made & we lost in the semi final to Calgary then MOS probably would have been fired. The locals would have been surly. Not a fan of dredging up old posts just to mock what someone said at the time as we've all been proven wrong here. Except for Skunk when he said Nichols lacked courage or wasn't tough enough because of the genetics he inherited from his parents. There is no way an opinion like that can ever be considered right

I said Nichols wasn't as tough as others who play the game,  an then you asked if that was because of his parents,  I basically said who else would be responsible for his genes. .  And his quick turtling at times might make people question his courage.  My opinion was that we wouldn't win a grey cup with Nichols as the QB.   

surely people here are smart enough to know the difference between someone stating an opinion as a matter of fact and stating an opinion based on how one feels... a fact is a statement that can be proven true or false... an opinion is an expression of a person’s feelings that cannot be proven... if you can prove that it wasn't how I felt or feel then you are correct, I'm wrong, but, good luck with that one, lol...

as an example, if I were to say one of the following:

a) if you don't know the difference between someone stating an opinion on how they feel or stating an opinion as a matter of fact, then you my friend or an idiot...

or...

b) if you don't know the difference between someone stating an opinion on how they feel or stating an opinion as a matter of fact, then that causes me great concern...

statement a can be proven to be correct or incorrect... if you're capable of proving that you have an IQ greater than 70 than you are indeed technically NOT an idiot, whether you choose to demonstrate it or not is not relevant...

however, statement b can NOT be proven or disproved as you have no way of knowing whether or not that I indeed have great concerns regarding your reading comprehension abilities, or anything else for that matter... there are no stats, documentation, or narrative otherwise that could substantiate the validity of my statement whether you agree or not...

it's really not that complicated...