2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

21 minutes ago, bluto said:

I reckon that God's Own will be in full rebuild mode with a brand new rookie HC so I won't root against your boys, but there's a lot of really good reasons that repeats are rare. And if memory serves, the last few times were with mini-dynasties with all-timer QBs at the helm. I'd be astonished if the BB can manage it.

Back to Back Grey Cup champs? I would be amazed if the Bombers do too- its a rarity in the CFL. 

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What the Argos did with Chamblin is just about the dirtiest thing I've ever seen being done to a coach in the CFL.  They interviewed for his replacement without firing him and every other opening closed by the time they fired him.  Chamblin wouldn't have necessarily been a candidate but who knows.  He's certainly had more success as a head coach than others who were hired.

They basically did the same to Chapdelaine, who's yanking the chains over there, Murphy or Pinball?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Let's not be so hasty....he gifted us a Grey Cup. I have nothing kind words for that man right now.

He didn't do anything. He made a trade that made sense at the same time he tapped up a player.

I put Pinball way down on the list of people I "thank" for this Grey Cup. At least twenty spots below Dancin' Gabe and six above Durant for helping us find Streveler. 

Dinwiddie seems really rushed as a HC. It could work, but man he is not a guy id want to count on to make the play offs this year or next. The way the argos went about this is really poor, and reflects badly on them. It would have been easy to clean house or even just take time to decide. But every thing out of TO was pro chamblin staying. 

Milanovich, im kind of surprised he came back. Im kind of surprised hes right back to being a HC too. 

This off season was shaping up to be really interesting and the front office / coaching decisions alone have been a bit wild. Its nice for once not to have a coach thats bad for the league / makes the league look bad. Once hervey is toast the purge should be complete. 

Right now Id put the chance that buck becomes our OC at 80%. With a small chance they try for some one like chapdelaine or condell as a OC/ast HC. 

I wouldnt mind it if they brought back bob dyce as an ast OC to buck. But I think hes trending towards higher jobs. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dinwiddie seems really rushed as a HC. It could work, but man he is not a guy id want to count on to make the play offs this year or next. The way the argos went about this is really poor, and reflects badly on them. It would have been easy to clean house or even just take time to decide. But every thing out of TO was pro chamblin staying. 

Milanovich, im kind of surprised he came back. Im kind of surprised hes right back to being a HC too. 

This off season was shaping up to be really interesting and the front office / coaching decisions alone have been a bit wild. Its nice for once not to have a coach thats bad for the league / makes the league look bad. Once hervey is toast the purge should be complete. 

Right now Id put the chance that buck becomes our OC at 80%. With a small chance they try for some one like chapdelaine or condell as a OC/ast HC. 

I wouldnt mind it if they brought back bob dyce as an ast OC to buck. But I think hes trending towards higher jobs. 

Re: Dinwiddie/Toronto

One of the things Mike O'Shea spoke of when reflecting on his work here was how they started to turn things around. That they wanted to learn from successful organizations, validate their processes and ours, understand "why" we or they do things certain ways.  Dinwiddie may turn out to be a great hire for Toronto, but the process to landing him seems quite flawed. I think that reflects poorly on the organization and also indicates that they probably aren't doing the things O'Shea referenced.

Don't get me wrong: I would absolutely take the unknown of Dinwiddie over the known in Chamblin, but they royally screwed Chamblin.  Those are the types of things noticed by other coaches, players and management around the league. It may not matter at all if Dinwiddie becomes the next great head coach, but we'll see...

I wouldn't mind seeing Buck bumped up to OC..and Damon Allen brought on  board as QB/receivers coach rtpe role..and help in game planning like Buck was for Lapo

He wants to get into coaching..obviously has ties with Osh as a former teammate and would be good for a guy like Strev...If i was Walter's and Osh..that's what I would be working on..and what better team to join than defending Grey Cup champs

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Buck bumped up to OC..and Damon Allen brought on  board as QB/receivers coach rtpe role..and help in game planning like Buck was for Lapo

This is a fairly random suggestion... has he ever coached at any level?... not saying he’d be no good, just wondering why you mention him...

Allen has basically been begging for someone to give him a job but that guy has always seemed way too arrogant for my liking. He thinks very highly of himself. Remember when he wasn't a first ballot HOFer (as opposed to a first ballot Hofer, which our pal @Mark H.Is) and he was all fired up about it and quoting all his statistics? Oi vey. I dint like a personality like that being involved. Now, as Geebrr suggested..... Ricky Ray... That's a name I could get behind. 

14 hours ago, bluto said:

I reckon that God's Own will be in full rebuild mode with a brand new rookie HC so I won't root against your boys, but there's a lot of really good reasons that repeats are rare. And if memory serves, the last few times were with mini-dynasties with all-timer QBs at the helm. I'd be astonished if the BB can manage it.

I'll be astonished if you guys have a win by Labor Day,

15 hours ago, bluto said:

Good luck with your rebuild. 

You're not gonna get O'Shea until after 2022. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.