2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

No doubt Dinwiddie has charisma...especially for the gals and a little for Rod Black..but he's also very cerebral, according to a lot of insiders...I think this guy could be a real 'sleeper' who comes alive in 2020...Glad to hear he got the gig AND without Mike O being announced as signed and Chamblin getting the gate, I started to have a few misgivings...No way O'Shea doesn't sign a new deal here now....it's just a matter of time...3YRS....5YRS......forever *lol...Mike wants another Cup and we're into that

when the Bombers finally release some info re: coaching for 2020, there'll be a bit of a fire hose of stuff coming. I'm sure, as was mentioned by Booch earlier, that they're just getting all their ducks in a row to announce everything at once.

I'm (very) good with Chamblin being shown the door... and Dinwiddie is a very promising prospect but I was hoping for someone more ready for Prime Time... prove me wrong Coach Dinwiddie!

I guess our homecoming for Osh can wait another couple of seasons.

Edited by bluto
afterthought.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

when the Bombers finally release some info re: coaching for 2020, there'll be a bit of a fire hose of stuff coming. I'm sure, as was mentioned by Booch earlier, that they're just getting all their ducks in a row to announce everything at once.

I just hope they get Glenn Young locked down.  Toronto would be awfully appealing for him.

9 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Collaros will be stupid to go back to the Argos but might consider Ott.

He might be ok with going to the ALLCAPS, they just signed Bob Wylie, so it looks like they are investing in the O-line. That O-line just got a lot better today.

Here is some fun stuff to cap off all the coaching moves today:

tenor.gif?itemid=12455001

If we announce Oshea Extended, Buck promoted and extended, Hall back along with all the other Assistants then it will be a very good off-season, Lapo loss won't be hard to over come, same with Rigmaden...that one hurts but not end of world, and a lot of his work the last 2 years will come to fruition this and next year anyway..so we good

15 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

He might be ok with going to the ALLCAPS, they just signed Bob Wylie, so it looks like they are investing in the O-line. That O-line just got a lot better today.

Here is some fun stuff to cap off all the coaching moves today:

tenor.gif?itemid=12455001

Goo goo g'joob ....Goo goo g'joob

1 hour ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Huge gamble by the Argos.  I like Dinwiddie but this is a huge jump up the coaching ladder.   Osh was a similar type of hire I know but the Argos are in a different situation where they need to get better fast.  I'm not a big fan of recycling the same old coaches so I hope it works out for the Argos.  Because lets face it the CFL is stronger when the Argos are stable and a winning franchise.  

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

The nice thing about coaching the Argos is it gives you a chance to try some things in a completely anonymous environment.  Dinwiddie will be able to learn the ropes without worrying about the pressure of fans or the eyes of media.  As long as he doesn't get distracted by the gaze of cardboard fan cutouts, he's got it made in the shade!

What the Argos did with Chamblin is just about the dirtiest thing I've ever seen being done to a coach in the CFL.  They interviewed for his replacement without firing him and every other opening closed by the time they fired him.  Chamblin wouldn't have necessarily been a candidate but who knows.  He's certainly had more success as a head coach than others who were hired.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

AND until we have some more hardware on the shelf....😉

I reckon that God's Own will be in full rebuild mode with a brand new rookie HC so I won't root against your boys, but there's a lot of really good reasons that repeats are rare. And if memory serves, the last few times were with mini-dynasties with all-timer QBs at the helm. I'd be astonished if the BB can manage it.

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What the Argos did with Chamblin is just about the dirtiest thing I've ever seen being done to a coach in the CFL.  They interviewed for his replacement without firing him and every other opening closed by the time they fired him.  Chamblin wouldn't have necessarily been a candidate but who knows.  He's certainly had more success as a head coach than others who were hired.

Very Rider-like moves by the Argos.