2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly don't even understand this........

If they're taking back the team now the Wenthall family should be invoiced for all costs the CFL incurred running the team after they abandoned  their responsibility.   No social welfare for capitalist pig dogs.

On 2019-12-04 at 10:11 AM, GCn20 said:

I didn't start this fire internet tuff guy. If you know more about football than I do you sure don't demonstrate it with your content very well because not much of what you state is anything more than misinformation. Whether that is intentional or not, I won't speculate but dude I can honestly tell you that you have everyone's bullshit meter redlining right now. Now go run along and hide behind your keyboard.

Don't try to condescend to people who know more than you, it makes you look stupid not us.

Wow who would have thought football players want to win football games. Good job with all your projections.

Speaking of bullshit meter 😂

Edited by Nickthesizz

Fans like Streveller cause of his partying? B.S.

During the season  Streveller was dedicated, willing to practically kill himself for the team, and ended up playing a big part in the playoff wins.  Clearly hates losing, and loves winning, and is a real team guy, with tons of talent. He reminds me of Harris that way.

what does his carrying on after winning the championship got to do with wanting him on the team? It's the above stuff, that makes fans want him. The rest is bonus.

and, I have  no problem of any kind with a young guy partying heavily after winning championship game. Can't imagine how great those guys felt.

Edited by Mark F

Lapo said in an interview yesterday how Strev was so dedicated to his team and teammates and would do whatever he had to just win.

Even when Zack was brought in he was a perfect pro and it was cause of guys like him and Matt and McGuire that made that QB room so strong..he is a guy who is intelligent and super positive and just wants to help his team win..will do whatever and laid it all out there for his team..who wouldn't want a guy like that on their team??

It's not a fan favorite thing cause of his personality and off field fun he showed..that's just all part of what makes him Strev 

Yeah, Strev was the defacto starter and the team trades for his replacement. Does he sulk? Nope, he went out and literally busts his... foot. 

Then, he plays Clyde to Zach's Bonnie and they roll through playoffs together like a couple on a crime spree. Absolute carnage in their wake. 

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they're taking back the team now the Wenthall family should be invoiced for all costs the CFL incurred running the team after they abandoned  their responsibility.   No social welfare for capitalist pig dogs.

To be fair, the stock has risen with that Franchise.

Went from this

final_5df1c8a24a8d7d001424e05c_315566.gi

To This:

giphy.gif

DisastrousSpanishChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Wenthalls...they gotta pay... 

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Nickthesizz said:

Wow who would have thought football players want to win football games. Good job with all your projections.

What projections? I said Zach Collaros is damaged goods, you are the one making the idiotic claim that his health is less of a concern than Nichols.

12 hours ago, Mark F said:

Collaros might like staying in wpg, or , being a smart guy, he might be applying some pressure to get the best deal he can from Toronto.

bit of both probably.

Zach Collaros and his concussion history are not in a position to rule anything out right now. It's unlikely there will be any teams looking to throw a wad of cash at him so he is simply not ruling anything out. As he should. If Toronto comes calling for him with a dollar number in the same neighborhood as us, and I doubt Walters will offer him much, he will go there.

13 hours ago, Nickthesizz said:

Why don't you wait until he actually signs somewhere before deciding what is bullshit or not. Geez that;s weak, even by your standards of illogic.

Zack is gonna have to I think accept the fact he is going to get a moderate upfront signing bonus...the 150 to 200k ones waved bye bye after last year, and a decent base with large play-time bonuses...protects his team, and gets him paid well if he can stay on the field..any team that gives him 200k again before the first snap of the season and then hard money totaling 250 to 350k more as the base salary spread over the season should have their G.M shot

53 minutes ago, Booch said:

Zack is gonna have to I think accept the fact he is going to get a moderate upfront signing bonus...the 150 to 200k ones waved bye bye after last year, and a decent base with large play-time bonuses...protects his team, and gets him paid well if he can stay on the field..any team that gives him 200k again before the first snap of the season and then hard money totaling 250 to 350k more as the base salary spread over the season should have their G.M shot

The league will find a way to help with Argos with Cap relief when this happens...

In the end I don't know if it matters to ZC or not but I suspect that Pinball whispered a number in his ear when he told him of the trade. Walters offer will be less but comes with play off money and the leagues best OL keeping him safe. Wanting to win and have the best chance to stay healthy vs Bigger $$.