2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

8 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'll repeat myself, I wouldn't mind losing McManus but not Rigmadien.

Hoping Als reunites with Popp or Buono hires himself. 😀

It's the Als... those are both legit possibilities!

Apparently McManus took himself out of the running for the GM job.  It's not a good sign when multiple candidates decide to pull out rather than try to tackle that tire fire.  They had another 2 flat out decline an interview.

Edited by bigg jay
added tweet

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'll repeat myself, I wouldn't mind losing McManus but not Rigmadien.

Alright, time for someone to pull out the video of Rigmaidien chasing Strev.  down a hallway naked wearing only a feather boa and express it to the Als. organization pronto!   This guy has been so low profile, I don't even know what he looks like.  Hate to lose him.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

On 1290 they discussed how teams probably would move on to investing $700 000 at the position rather then only one guy in the future... I think this will be true.   Evans is on a dirt cheap deal,  why not throw some extra cash at a veteran back up who knows your system? 

Because he'd be a starter with other teams. I don't get why you can't understand that Evans doesn't want Masoli to sign & automatically take away his starting job. Evans played very well & got them to a Grey Cup which Masoli never did for Hamilton. Besides, if they sign Masoli then he'll make much more than Evans & be the starter.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Because he'd be a starter with other teams. I don't get why you can't understand that Evans doesn't want Masoli to sign & automatically take away his starting job. Evans played very well & got them to a Grey Cup which Masoli never did for Hamilton. Besides, if they sign Masoli then he'll make much more than Evans & be the starter.

I'll bet you a thousand internet points and a hearty pat on the back that they start Evans even if Masoli returns

Wow- Bombers Representing!

CFL Most Outstanding Defensive Player Willie Jefferson headlined the group. Jefferson had a great showing in front of the Dolphins’ staff. In fact, Miami cut it short because Jefferson displayed everything the personnel men wanted to see – walked away with a strong positive impression.

Winnipeg teammates, defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo and defensive back Marcus Sayles and were there as well. Kongbo was chosen by the Bombers in the first round, fifth overall during the 2019 CFL draft. Sayles, who was a West Division all-star, produced his best season as a pro with 64 tackles, three interceptions, three forced fumbles, two defensive touchdowns and one sack.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

14 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'll bet you a thousand internet points and a hearty pat on the back that they start Evans even if Masoli returns

Then that's a poor GM using his limited resources under the cap unwisely. Why would you pay Masoli the big bucks just to sit him as a backup? You could use the money instead  to sign other veterans or shore up a couple of other areas in free agency. Masoli is going to want what other starters are making so I'd say a minimum of $500,000. There is no way Evans plays if Masoli signs. And no, he won't come cheaper to Hamilton & why should he when teams like Ottawa & Toronto are out there?

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then that's a poor GM using his limited resources under the cap unwisely. Why would you pay Masoli the big bucks just to sit him as a backup? You could use the money instead  to sign other veterans or shore up a couple of other areas in free agency. Masoli is going to want what other starters are making so I'd say a minimum of $500,000. There is no way Evans plays if Masoli signs. And no, he won't come cheaper to Hamilton & why should he when teams like Ottawa & Toronto are out there?

Hamilton will look at it as they are going to be paying around 600k to 700k for their 2 QB's regardless...as will most teams so really who cares who is starting game in and game out...They use that ,omey elsewhere and Evan's regresses..or gets hurt do you really think they will be happy rolling out Watford??..or some other cheap in-experienced putz?..

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

All I know is that Masoli, aware of the Ticats and Evans situations, said he wants to be a TiCat for life. Doesn't sound like a guy that wants to be paid as a starter just to start... He wants to stay in Ham. God only knows why.... 

Maybe he looked at the weather forecast in Winnipeg this week...

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Masoli's health could factor into this as Hamilton apparently doesn't think he'll be ready come training camp.  If he starts the season on the IR, he still gets paid & they save some cap space.  They can worry about playing time once he's healthy.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hamilton will look at it as they are going to be paying around 600k to 700k for their 2 QB's regardless...as will most teams so really who cares who is starting game in and game out...They use that ,omey elsewhere and Evan's regresses..or gets hurt do you really think they will be happy rolling out Watford??..or some other cheap in-experienced putz?..

It's always a gamble when you pay your starter big money. Look at Reilly in BC. Willy signed for big bucks here & played himself off the team. Evans could regress surely but he also could take the next step up in his development. But he won't if he has to be backup to Masoli.  Jeremiah may want to stay in Hamilton but I have a feeling he'll go where the most money is as he's now in his 30's. This could be his last contract. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Alright, time for someone to pull out the video of Rigmaidien chasing Strev.  down a hallway naked wearing only a feather boa and express it to the Als. organization pronto!   This guy has been so low profile, I don't even know what he looks like.  Hate to lose him.

I was thinking the same thing today... I clicked on his twitter profile to see what he looks like and it's just a picture of the bombers logo...

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

First, I agree. Second, I wouldn't pay Masoli to come back if I had Evans for 2 more years on a very friendly contract. I would use the money instead to sign other veterans and shore up other areas via free agency (as would you)

I just don't think Masoli would get starter money if he returned to HAM, because he wouldn't be the starter. He'd be better off going somewhere he has the chance to start. Evans is the starter in HAM now (with or without Masoli I maintain)

Boy that Gallimore would look delightful rotating in at DT with Richardson and Nevis...dare to dream but doubt he ever sets foot in a CFL stadium..though i wouldnt mind if we used a 3rd rounder on him...we can afford a flyer with our depth

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well that was pretty much the biggest hurdle...no?...now find a piece of land and get er done

Not really.

They want to contribute 20M to a 100M+ project and have this sketchy owner come up with the rest.

Never happening 

4L75HKoU_bigger.jpeg

Through 10 councillors, I put it at 6-4 in favour of contributing $20 million toward football stadium for Atlantic Schooners. #cfl
Edited by Geebrr