2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

43 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Most QBs don’t set the league on fire their first or second seasons. Streveler has looked far better than Fajardo did in his first two seasons. When you have a guy with immense raw talent, you cultivate it. Streveler’s issues as a passer are largely teachable things like not forcing throws. The arm talent is there. 

I mean we have also seen qbs with better arms talent get less of a shot. And don’t get me wrong I’m fine to keep him if we got a veteran qb in front of him, but let’s not act like there isn’t a bias towards him.

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It would be an interesting development if Sean McGuire took a big step next year at camp.

If that guy can ever learn to read a D (something that only comes with experience) he'll be the best QB we've recruited in years and years. That guy looks like a pro QB. I don't know a lot about "mechanics" but I like how he throws a football. He just seems like a pro QB in the pocket. 

OshRich.gif

The guy on the left maintained his faith in the guy on the right when everyone else was doubting them both. They paid a high price but the reward was a championship for the players, the management group, the city of Winnipeg, and each other.

Edited by J5V

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If that guy can ever learn to read a D (something that only comes with experience) he'll be the best QB we've recruited in years and years. That guy looks like a pro QB. I don't know a lot about "mechanics" but I like how he throws a football. He just seems like a pro QB in the pocket. 

He definitely looked like he had the best arm on the roster. 

He is a big kid that can move a little bit as well.

Hopefully he learned a lot being around those QBs 

Richie.gif

Mr. Hall, your defense was on another level on this day. I, personally, have never seen such a dominant performance by a Winnipeg defense and I've seen some very good ones.  You must be as proud of these players as we are with you.

We know you had a very tough year and we thank you for hanging in there and finishing the job you set out to do. Let me take this opportunity to say, thank you.

Edited by J5V

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Richie.gif

This was me after this game. I'm sure my wife was wondering, WTF! But damn, man. 29 years! That's a lot of pent up frustration and heartache to let go of. I am so thankful to Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, Mike O'Shea, the entire management group, and the players for bringing home the Cup and making us all feel like champions again.

While I am at it, I'd also like to thank Rich and everyone here on this forum. Being born and raised in Winnipeg and having moved to Ontario in the eighties, I don't get back to Winnipeg much, and I am very grateful for this place and all of you Bomber fans to share this with. It's awesome!

Edited by J5V
Had more to say

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

The only coach Streveler needs is a running back coach.  I'm sorry but some of you guys are overlooking his limitations.  He is what he is and I don't believe that any amount of coaching is going to change that.  With only two QB's on the roster next year I'm not sure he's the best choice for the #2.

He's only been what he is told to do..and game planned for..he cant fo rogue and do his own thing or his ass would be firmly planted on bench..or PR

If put in an offence to augment what he can do with his legs and the conundrums he could cause defenses with his running  threat he'd be lights out..Lapo hasnt done that here

He is a passer if allowed to..and with more reps and plays doing so..would get better and better..He threw for over 6000 yards and I believe 50 some odd TD's...4100 of it in his senior season..a QB coming out of college with the label attached to them as a runner dont do that..they pass for 2000..2800 yards a year..Much like Fajardo  was labelled a runner..was only used as that but for a chance..ans grew into it..that's after 4 years of college as a QB and his 4th year in cfl..Strev has had 2 years of college experience and 2 years here and from what he has accomplished so far being so raw is pretty amazing..given another year or so of grooming by the time he hits 26 he's gonna be a top dawg..and u can quote me on that now..